Auto Updater?

eric27sc

Reaction score
Can someone please help?
I'm wondering and I swear if you all haven't I dunno you must have alot of patience but I hate this ****.. when apps update you always gotta go into the list and download all of them 1 by 1..

IS THERE AN APP THAT AUTOMATICALLY UPDATES YOUR APPS?
IF NOT ****ING DESIGN ONE!!

sremex

Reaction score
It is called froyo my friend. You should be getting the ota wednesday so not to worry it will com soon.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
when 2.2 comes it will allow you to do an "update all"

be patient...

OP
E

eric27sc

Reaction score
ahh wow thanks guys lol.. I swear I was about to go nuts doing this lol

I've been really considering rooting my device but idk should I still root it even though we're getting Froyo 2.2?

OP
E

eric27sc

Reaction score

I've been really considering rooting my device but idk should I still root it even though we're getting Froyo 2.2?

I thinks its funny I was in verizon today and one of the sales cashiers acted like he didn't know what I was talking about when I saiod Froyo 2.2 and he's like um Idk if its Android 2.2 then you all should be getting it at the end of the month or something lol

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

It depends on what you want on your phone. If you're curious if the 2.2 update is enough, either wait for the push to your phone and then root your phone afterward if it wasn't enough, or install manually and do the same thing. If, however, you're pretty sure you're going to root anyway, just root now.

OP
E

eric27sc

Reaction score

It depends on what you want on your phone. If you're curious if the 2.2 update is enough, either wait for the push to your phone and then root your phone afterward if it wasn't enough, or install manually and do the same thing. If, however, you're pretty sure you're going to root anyway, just root now.

to be honest I'm not sure wht rooting the device will actualy do.. can you elighten me on some of whats avaiable?

also I used to have a Moto Droid before updating to the Droid Incredible but I used to have a led flashlight and there isnt one that works at all on Incredible

OP
E

eric27sc

Reaction score
On a side note, FroYo is 2.2. You don't need to keep calling it both names; one is sufficient.

oh ok lol so Android 2.2 is reffered to as Froyo I'm taking it.. Don't know **** about the phone or Android lol just fromw aht I've been reading

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/632-what-root-means-stop-asking.html

I didn't name that thread, but it'll tell you everything I can and probably more.

As for the flashlight, have you tried Tesla? It was just updated tonight. I'm totally unfamiliar with the Incredible and what you can do after you've rooted -- for example, I don't know if there's an alternate recovery image so you can install custom ROMs or kernels. I'm a Droid 1 user and since I'm unemployed and broke to boot, I have to wait till my upgrade is available before I can change phones -- and so far I haven't seen one I want over this beast! :D

harrellj

Reaction score
Kinda back on topic but to the OP, not only does Froyo allow you to "update all", but you can also set your apps to be auto updating (and I've discovered I actually dislike that feature because I like seeing the release notes to see what changes were made).

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Kinda back on topic but to the OP, not only does Froyo allow you to "update all", but you can also set your apps to be auto updating (and I've discovered I actually dislike that feature because I like seeing the release notes to see what changes were made).
+1. Sorry for the hijack and my contributing to it. :)

Not only the changes, but the new permissions it requests... though I've seen that apps that request new permissions tend to have a "manual update required" tag and don't auto-update.

OP
E

eric27sc

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/632-what-root-means-stop-asking.html

I didn't name that thread, but it'll tell you everything I can and probably more.

As for the flashlight, have you tried Tesla? It was just updated tonight. I'm totally unfamiliar with the Incredible and what you can do after you've rooted -- for example, I don't know if there's an alternate recovery image so you can install custom ROMs or kernels. I'm a Droid 1 user and since I'm unemployed and broke to boot, I have to wait till my upgrade is available before I can change phones -- and so far I haven't seen one I want over this beast! :D

lol@ the name of the threard I will def. check it out.

AHH dude Tesla i back! that was my fav app for the Moto Droid but when I got the Incredible it wasn't there you had to buy it and wasn't guaranteed to work. However I do know with the Froyo update on Incredible we now got HD video on our camera and such hopefully the LED **** is fixed

OP
E

eric27sc

Reaction score

Ah i see thats pretty cool but true I do like to see whats newly added though