Auto On/Off App for Droid

strang66

Reaction score
DROID newbie here, I have a suggestion for an app.

Can someone out there create an auto on/off app for the Droid similar to the system Blackberry uses.

Set a time for the phone to turn on in the morning, set a time for the phone to turn off at end of day.

This would be greatly appreciated

JRogers1978

Reaction score
DROID newbie here, I have a suggestion for an app.

Can someone out there create an auto on/off app for the Droid similar to the system Blackberry uses.

Set a time for the phone to turn on in the morning, set a time for the phone to turn off at end of day.

This would be greatly appreciated

I'm not sure the first part of this is even possible. If the phone is off, how could the app be running to check the time and turn the phone on?

th9203

Reaction score
Maybe the BB is just resting

My work related BB does it every day. Off at 10:00 PM on again at 06:00 AM. It must not be "off" just "resting"? :icon_ banana:

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Do you just not want to be bothered at certain hours? If so check out Setting Profiles. It will let you set times to turn off the ringer, etc. Won't turn the phone off completely though.

nocoolname

Reaction score
Disregard, I didn't log off and my manager used my computer this afternoon.

Last edited:

joker402

Reaction score
The reason the black berry can do this is because they hibernate not really turn off. This is also the reason they lag because they are always running even when you think they are turned off.

RodgerRodger

Reaction score
mdroid doesn't

my blackberry wasnt the best but it pwns droid in this arena. i can't believe droid doesn't have a simple auto on/ off feature. it's embarrassing. I like to have my phone turned off at night because having it on while you sleep is pointless. But if I use my phone as my alarm clock, and it can't turn itself back on in the morning to use the alarm clock, I don't wake up to turn the phone on again... see the vic
ious cycle? pretty dumb Imho

Last edited: