auto enter fo VM password

Steve H

Reaction score
On my old phone (enVtouch) I was able to edit *86 and add my password to the dialing sequence so that I did not have to enter it each time. Can/how this be done on the Droid?

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I asked a VZW techa bout this and they said not possible. Because of security. How silly.

raven1911

Reaction score
Menu>settings>call settings>voicemail settings>put *86 (or input your entire actual phone number if you don't want to get charged minutes for checking voicemail) and then 2-3 commas and then your password and # at the end. The commas are for pauses and I find two to do the job before I input my password.

gloster

Reaction score
I have the following set as my voice mail number and it works perfectly every time: *86,password#

OP
Steve H

Steve H

Reaction score
Menu>settings>call settings>voicemail settings>put *86 (or input your entire actual phone number if you don't want to get charged minutes for checking voicemail) and then 2-3 commas and then your password and # at the end. The commas are for pauses and I find two to do the job before I input my password.

and we have a winner Thanks MUCH one , worked better for me.

lucky

Reaction score
You should use visual voicemail! It's only $3/mo and it lists your voicemail messgaes so you can just scroll through them and press play to listen to them. One of the best features of it is that you only have to enter your password once, on the initial set-up. It's definitely worth the few bucks! :icon_ banana:

Erich_F

Reaction score
I asked a VZW techa bout this and they said not possible. Because of security. How silly.

As a Master Droid on this site...you really should know better than to listen to a VZW Counter Jocky.

Thanks for the tip, fellers!

sir2545

Reaction score
I use Youmail and its free, and you can customize voicemail greetings for each person in your phonebook. Its great...its in the market

You should use visual voicemail! It's only $3/mo and it lists your voicemail messgaes so you can just scroll through them and press play to listen to them. One of the best features of it is that you only have to enter your password once, on the initial set-up. It's definitely worth the few bucks! :icon_ banana: