Auto connect to VZ Media Manager??

DP03

Reaction score
This just started today. Whenever I plug my Facinate into my computer (usually to charge), my computer brings up a VZ page for Media Manager.

I did install an update yesterday, and I suspect that has something to do with it.

Anyone know how to make this go away? Thanks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This just started today. Whenever I plug my Facinate into my computer (usually to charge), my computer brings up a VZ page for Media Manager.

I did install an update yesterday, and I suspect that has something to do with it.

Anyone know how to make this go away? Thanks.

I'm not familiar with the Fascinate, but I'll take a guess that you have a pull down screen and on that pull down screen you have the wrong selection for hooking up to your computer.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
He is correct. Also when you go into USB settings check "choose when connected "

rockin:
sc nv eb01 v2.4 rom
midnight 1.1 theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

OP
D

DP03

Reaction score
Options for USB connect are media, mass storage, and ask. I have always had it on mass storage since I've had the phone. Nothing has changed but this just started yesterday.

Any other ideas?

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Options for USB connect are media, mass storage, and ask. I have always had it on mass storage since I've had the phone. Nothing has changed but this just started yesterday.

Any other ideas?

Like Jamison said: set it for "ask" - then power off your phone. Power it back up, and wait for the media scanning to complete. Plug into your PC, close the VZmedia manager when it pops up, and on the phone pull-down menu select mass storage.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Jamis0n

Reaction score

Any other ideas?

Like Jamison said: set it for "ask" - then power off your phone. Power it back up, and wait for the media scanning to complete. Plug into your PC, close the VZmedia manager when it pops up, and on the phone pull-down menu select mass storage.

+1...
To add to this....
Verizon just made it suck to be used as mass storage, that's all.

rockin:
sc nv eb01 v2.4 rom
midnight 1.1 theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Verizon just made it suck to be used as mass storage, that's all.

rockin:
sc nv eb01 v2.4 rom
midnight 1.1 theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

Yeah, I guess Verizon wanted to promote their media services while discouraging us from using our own media. Screw 'em.

oakvad

Reaction score
My Dx does this as well. Good ol' big red shoving stuff down our throats. What's next?