Audio stops functioning occasionally

Agent_10.7

Reaction score
I'm not too sure the SIM would really have anything to do with it :/ All the SIM card does is connect the device to the 4G service. Hopefully the new phone you get doesn't have the same problem! :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

jrbmed08

Reaction score
A few people on another forum were having sound issues that were corrected by a SIM card replacement, so I figured I'd give it a try. Clearly it didn't work! It sounds like a different issue, though.

bobdevs77

Reaction score
Hi everyone just wanted to share my experience of the Nexus. I bought it on Dec 16 and tonight The sound stopped working for no apparent reason. Never had an issue or anything up until this point. The other person on the line could hear me but I couldnt hear them , also ringtones didnt work when someone called me so unless I am looking at the phone I would never know anyone was trying to reach me. Videos/Music sound was gone as well. I lost all sound period. I attempted a factory reset which didnt work so this ruled out software issue. So I took this down to my local VZW store and they have not seen this issue. They wound up giving me a new phone being it fell within the parameters of there holiday return policy for some reason the system didnt work for over an hour then finally the phone activated and I have had no issues since. Good to see I am not the only one this has happened to but I really hope they figure out this issue as others may begin to experience this now.

poookie

Reaction score
I fixed mine…

It happened to me for the first time today after owning this phone for 30 days. I tried all recommendations mentioned above exept of “Factory Reset”. I tried: Power off/on, remove battery, SIM card remove/reinsert. Nothing helped. Then I noticed some people mentioned that media sound is off as well. So I tried to play music (I’m using PowerAMP player). I noticed that player volume was at 0. So I bumped it up to about 70% using volume button on the left side of the phone. Since then the issue with Audio when making phone call is gone. Also the dial pad sound is back.

papatar

Reaction score
Twice I"ve had a problem of me being able to here the caller but them not hearing me. I did a restart and that supposedly fixed it but then I have got some messages where i never heard the ringtone. That could be me just not hearing it, don't know at this point. If the phone audio problem happens again though its going back for a new one.

mricha73

Reaction score
Installed on my Motorola Bionic. I'll let you know how it works.