Bluetooth Interference Noise

JScottTuck

Reaction score
I searched the forums and I couldn't specifically find this issue. I noticed yesterday that when I use a bluetooth headset with my LTE Nexus, it has sort of a squealing or buzzing sound. It's almost likely some sort of interference. It can't be heard on the other person's end, just mine. The headset itself works fine. Also, the noise only happens during a call, so if I'm just sitting with the ear piece in my ear, everything is quiet. I haven't had a chance to do much testing with it just yet. I did verify that the same bluetooth headset has no issues with another phone. Later today, I may try testing another headset with my phone just to see what happens.

As bad as I hate to, I think I may restore it back to factory to see if that helps. Everything on the device is stock, but it is rooted. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

jleeusa

Reaction score
I have not noticed that, but I have had an issue or two connecting and pairing. Maybe just try to re-pair.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
J

JScottTuck

Reaction score
I tried repairing, and that still didn't help. I'm updating the baseband right now. I may just go ahead and try a custom ROM tonight to see what happens. If it still does it after that, and testing with another headset, I'll probably just have the phone replaced.