AT&T Logo on the Nexus 6

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
The logo would have looked better where Motorola has theirs located at.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I don't understand why people care if the phone has a carrier name on it. Even after reading your well thought out posts.
"Oh, but I want it pure...."
Really? Sorry, but :rolleyes: having VERIZON stamped on the back or *gasp* on the front.... I don't see the big deal.
NOI

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I haven't had a Nexus device since the galaxy Nexus, but I have to say I'd be much more concerned with the software than the branding on the back of the phone.

I didn't even REALLY care that the Bionic had the vzw logo on the front (although I did make use of the ability to remove it using a penny).

Maybe I'm just not a pure enough android fanboy, but I figure if they want to put their logo on there and I choose not to use a case and let the logo show, it may be free advertising for them when I'm showing the phone off, but it's also detrimental to them when I'm trying to show off, but the network won't let me. Haha!

As I was reading the posts earlier (valid points, as Pere said), I couldn't help but think about buying a new car. More often than not, when you buy a new car from "Such and Such Automotive Sales," they put a little brand on the back. I bought my current car brand new in '07 and paid considerably more than I've ever paid for a phone and it says "Riverside Auto Sales" on the back. I couldn't care less, because when I get through snowy conditions, they look good, but it I was broken down on the side of the road, it'd affect people's opinions of them as well. ;-)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Actually, I make the dealer bodyshop take off their logo before I buy the car. :) Regardless, I don't care about the icon, as I stated before, if they mess with the OS though, that takes away the whole point to the Nexus. That would be my issue, and what I meant by messing with the "pure" experience.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I haven't had a Nexus device since the galaxy Nexus, but I have to say I'd be much more concerned with the software than the branding on the back of the phone.

I didn't even REALLY care that the Bionic had the vzw logo on the front (although I did make use of the ability to remove it using a penny).

Maybe I'm just not a pure enough android fanboy, but I figure if they want to put their logo on there and I choose not to use a case and let the logo show, it may be free advertising for them when I'm showing the phone off, but it's also detrimental to them when I'm trying to show off, but the network won't let me. Haha!

As I was reading the posts earlier (valid points, as Pere said), I couldn't help but think about buying a new car. More often than not, when you buy a new car from "Such and Such Automotive Sales," they put a little brand on the back. I bought my current car brand new in '07 and paid considerably more than I've ever paid for a phone and it says "Riverside Auto Sales" on the back. I couldn't care less, because when I get through snowy conditions, they look good, but it I was broken down on the side of the road, it'd affect people's opinions of them as well. ;-)
I bought a new car month before last and it had to come from the factory. I told them before hand not to put their logo on it. When they pulled it out of the detailing bay after having cleaned it, removed all of the plastic protective gear, and filling it up low and behold there was their logo.

When I pointed it out to the salesman he shook his head and made them remove it.

The only logos I am used to seeing are the Samsung logos. I'm not down with plastering unesthetic stuff all over the place.

The back would be more acceptable than the front, but even that bothers me. It's ugly.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I bought a new car month before last and it had to come from the factory. I told them before hand not to put their logo on it. When they pulled it out of the detailing bay after having cleaned it, removed all of the plastic protective gear, and filling it up low and behold there was their logo.

When I pointed it out to the salesman he shook his head and made them remove it.

The only logos I am used to seeing are the Samsung logos. I'm not down with plastering unesthetic stuff all over the place.

The back would be more acceptable than the front, but even that bothers me. It's ugly.
Guess I just don't care enough...Haha

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I paid a grip for that car and there is no way I'm driving around with Bob and Cletus' Car Emporium plastered all over the back in white against my Crimson car paint.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's beyond logical that AT&T would do this.

Look...AT&T & Co. are giving the consumers an opportunity to receive this phone at either a reduced price, or a contracted price, or etc. So, if they want to "brand" the phone, then brand it!

If you don't want it like that, then pay outright via the Google Play store.

It's like if they put a bootloader on it. When things go awry, the typical consumer isn't going to contact Moto...they're going to contact AT&T and request that AT&T fix it. Now, as long as it's easily unlockable, I'm fine w/that too.

The only thing I wouldn't be fine with is if they put their apps on it. That would TRULY go against the idea of a Nexus phone, because everyone doesn't want to have to root their phones to remove things!
Except at&t is not offering at a reduced price they are charging more. Off contract for nexus 6 is 685 vs moto/google play 649 (32 GB) and 699 (64gb), partly why I said I might at all buy the 64gb from T-Mobile.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
it may be free advertising for them when I'm showing the phone off, but it's also detrimental to them when I'm trying to show off, but the network won't let me. Haha!

LOL Excellent point. Buddy with an iPhone considering a Droid. He's all like "what do you like about that phone?" I pull out my dying Razr HD nearing the end of it's life.
"Check this out! 'Ok Google... errr. wait. OK Google.... this does work, wait a second... Ok Google!! Mmmmm Let me show you on maps... 'Navigate to <place>....."
Yea... that's a Verizon phone. ;)

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well right now looking like I'm having to go the att route. Oh well.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
LOL! I love the car reference. They always put a sticker on the trunk and a dealer license plate frame on the back (and front when applicable). These are the first things I remove as soon as I get my new car home.
As for my phone, it's never bothered me. Then again I'm one of the few people who is actually happy to be a Verizon customer. I may not always like some of the things they do, but I like the consistent service I get year after year.

S5 tap'n

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well folks, looks like reports are coming in. The logo is indeed there, as well as a boot logo and the At&t jingle. Mine should be here today and I can confirm, but it seems real.

What are your thoughts?

Looks like they didn't touch the OS, just the logo partition of the phone Moto gives carriers access to.

Sent from my Nexus 5