AT&T LG G3 Unboxing/review

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
I would love to, but I am in contract for another 18 months.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm thinking on passing on it for now ..I spent a few hours at AT&T then Best Buy ...the phone feels super light in hand ...great feel and grip not big phone feel. ...Gray was on display at AT&T..I didn't notice any lag running it thru the paces ...holy batman and the bloat ..I disabled most of the ones I could while in store ..hehe ...camera takes good pics and quick ...couldn't play with settings bc knuckle heads had somehow locked the camera settings and I couldn't get them to display ..even after uninstall some crap and reboot of phone ...speakers seemed good and YouTube played loud enough ...not as loud I would like but a little louder than G2 I think...especially since store was crowded while I refused to budge from my spot ... screen ...it's a bit warmer than both S5 and M8 as expected ...looks great but I feel eyes like mine won't tell if 1080 or not ..and I'd personally root the phone just to theme the icons bc I'd like darker menus and not a fan of that shade coral something..haha...nothing Xposed can't resolve ...keyboard is greatly improved ...spot on with words and flow ...phone looks to be a winner and another great choice for peeps ..got to talking with rep ..he has phone for 4 days and told me battery held up well ..and he was running it thru paces ..one thing he mentioned playing a few games he noticed screen freeze up on him and had to toggle power off /on and home button once ...something to keep eyes open for as more people start using it ...Best Buy had it in gold ..I was nicely surprised it looked good ...

M8 tap'd

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Great hands on. Thx BK.

KaChow

Reaction score
I'll add in my 2 cents since I've had my G3 for some time now. This device is incredible, and it certainly is not a 1080 screen there is a huge difference when you watch Blue-Ray 1080 movies on this screen the color, image details are flawless and perfect. Just watch 300: Rise of an Empire and you'll see what I mean. I've comparing the At&t service on my G3 with my Verizon Note 3, the G3 kills it everywhere, I have dropped calls on my Note while I get 4-5 LTE bars every here on At&t. I don't use the camera that much pictures are crisp and clean. I small hands and can manage this device one handed. My Bootanimation collection will be brought over to the G3 in full 1440×2550. I may even do some bootanimations for the circle case haven't decided yet. Anyhow, I recommend first things getting a 9H screen protector Skinobi has one for 16 dollars on Amazon, this improves screen visibility and gives it more of a greater premium look. There is Root and a modified Recovery. The recovery is good for flashing ROMs and nandroid backups, the Recovery is app based. Firmware is easy to reinstall can be done either through flashtools with the TOT firmware & dll file or via flash tools 2014 with KDZ firmware. Most likely all US models will follow the TOT & dll format. KDZ can sometimes be used for internal test updates. I should mention this as this true on International and Korean versions, not sure about models if you Root your device the system will not perform updates. This not really a concern because we can flash TOT files which provide the same update or we can flash in some cases KDZ files and have the updates well before an update is even mentioned. I'm also working on other Development efforts have a look at tapatalk Sig, to some of what I have planned. If on the fence with this device, GET IT.

Knock! Knock! sent from my LG G3 F400S/L

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
What about the concerns everyone originally had with viewing the device outside in direct sunlight? What has your experience been with this particular issue?
I haven't had a chance to check out this device at our local store yet, but I can say I'm extremely impressed with direct sunlight viewing on my S5. The brightest display I've ever used.

tap'n on my S5

KaChow

Reaction score
What about the concerns everyone originally had with viewing the device outside in direct sunlight? What has your experience been with this particular issue?
I haven't had a chance to check out this device at our local store yet, but I can say I'm extremely impressed with direct sunlight viewing on my S5. The brightest display I've ever used.

tap'n on my S5
It's funny you ask when I wrote that response earlier I was on the beach. No problems here...

Knock! Knock! sent from my LG G3 F400S/L

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Good info Scott ...happy to hear it ...thank you for info I was figuring you give us the good review ..

M8 tap'd