[Leak] Verizon’s LG G Vista could be an exclusive mid-range LG G3 lookalike

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
lg-g3-work-review-bottom-back-640x0.jpg

A leak has indicated Verizon may have a new LG smartphone waiting in the wings. It’s known as the LG G Vista, and should be thought of as the LG G3, just without the amazing Quad HD screen and super fast processor. If you’re wondering why you’d buy it, don’t worry, it’s still an interesting big-screen device.

The G Vista may take on the look of the G3, but the specs say it’s is a mid-range smartphone/tablet hybrid. The screen could measure 5.7-inches, and boast a 720p resolution, while the processor may be a trusty quad-core Snapdragon 400 with 1GB of RAM. Not quite up to the G3’s standard, but still perfectly acceptable.

lg-g-vista-leak-625x625.jpg

In the picture leaked by @evleaks, we can see a large smartphone with a G3-like design. On the rear is the same set of redesigned controls – volume up and down, plus a sleep/wake key – along with a single LED flash in place of the G3’s dual-LED unit. More interestingly, from the sensor on the other side of the camera lens, it looks like the G Vista will have the G3’s laser autofocus feature tool

g3vista.png

LG G3 / LG G3 Vista​

The camera itself may take a step down to 8-megapixels, and around the front, a 1.3-megapixel camera is likely. LG doesn’t go in for lots of pixels on its front cameras, preferring to use specially calibrated lenses and software, so just because this sounds low, doesn’t mean it won’t take great selfies.

The rear of the phone also shows the G Vista will connect to Verizon’s 4G LTE network, but the speaker at the base of the back plate is slightly different to the G3’s, making us question whether the incredibly loud 1w setup from the G3 will be fitted or not. Other rumored features include a big 3200mAh battery and 8GB of storage space, with the option of adding in a MicroSD card.

Verizon hasn’t made the G Vista official yet, but with a possible press image now sighted, it may not be long until it does.

Source

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Who is going to get a G3 Vista?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Just wanna make sure I'm clear, they won't be offering the real G3? Just the substitute? With those specs compared to the real device and the one I have now it would be a step backwards.

If it's priced right I could see it being a nice alternative for those who can't afford a top of the line device.

Sent from my Eclipsed XT1060

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Just wanna make sure I'm clear, they won't be offering the real G3? Just the substitute? With those specs compared to the real device and the one I have now it would be a step backwards.

If it's priced right I could see it being a nice alternative for those who can't afford a top of the line device.

Sent from my Eclipsed XT1060
My guess is they will have the G3. This may be the mini version specked for VZ.