Asus Confirms They Will Debut the PadFone at MWC in February

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;iTXBG-Hs_Ww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iTXBG-Hs_Ww[/video]​

If you have been following info on the Asus PadFone, that strange but interesting hybrid/phone docking device they hinted at in May, then you will pleased to know that your wait for official info is almost here. Asus confirmed that they will demo the device at Mobile World Congress in February. They did already share a few tidbits. It will likely already have Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich driving it. There were also rumors that it may come with the new Tegra 3, quad-core chip powering it. In the video above you can see a prototype being played with.

It seems like a device with potential. Of course, it could end up as poorly received as the Sony dual-screen phone that came out earlier this year... some ideas are either too far ahead of their time, or just not quite useful enough to contend with the fickleness of the average consumer.

Source: TransformerForums via PhoneArena

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
I will be waiting on the news coming out in Feb.

for this phone (pardon fone). I like the concept but if the pad price is more then a couple hundred bucks then , to me, it loses its value since I will be able to choose from many sub 300 dollar pads next year, unless this Asus phone in its own right is a standout device , as I have read it could be. Looking forward to more news.

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
Really looking forward to this phone when it comes out. The galaxy nexus while ideal, I like the idea of docking the phone for a tablet and being able to utilize either or. patiently waiting for more info and new

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
ICS out of the box ftw. Can't wait to get some hands on time with this.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Here's another video

[video=youtube;uuhIeK3SpMI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuhIeK3SpMI[/video]

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really dislike how they kept the buttons on the screen with the real capacitive buttons still there. Why waste what could be more screen? Otherwise it looks awesome!

kparks

Reaction score
Really dislike how they kept the buttons on the screen with the real capacitive buttons still there. Why waste what could be more screen? Otherwise it looks awesome!

I totally agree whats the point of having 2 home and 2 back buttons?? The need to remove them obviously was not planned out good!
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe ICS now is just made like that? I'm sure its possible that in a later update those be removed if Devs can do it. Hopefully that's the case.. cause if not that's really dumb.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using.. magic.