Asus Will Bring Tegra 3 Powered Padfone to Market in Early 2012

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
asus-padfone-tegra3-early-2012.jpg

It seems that Asus is not resting on its laurels with the success of their Transformer series products. In fact, they are also broadening their horizons and stepping beyond the tablet market into the mobile phone market. We heard rumors about the Asus Padfone earlier in the year, but now it is mostly confirmed that they are working on the device. Furthermore, it is nearly ready and will come in early 2012, sporting the same quad-core Tegra 3 chip that is coming in the Transformer Prime! More than likely, the device will be officially unveiled at Mobile World Congress 2012 in February.

What do you guys think? Would you consider buying an Android smartphone from Asus?

Source: Engadget

Sal R.

Reaction score
I would, if it could be used in big red's network.

Absolutely love my transformer and the regular updates.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
In my experience with ASUS, they've always made solid products, whether it's motherboards or tablets. I'd definitely consider owning a phone made by them, if it was an LTE device.

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
that phone reminds me of an old PDA I once had, would be sweet if it is available on Big Red and then id probably get one

whatsinaname

Reaction score
just what I want

This is exactly what I want in a device. I saw where someone said "Mix this with the transformer so I can have phone, tablet, or netbook".
*droool*

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
Asus-Padfone-with-Tegra-3-Launching-at-MWC-2012.jpgWow Quadcore and a tablet! My Tbolt contract ends at the end of February. I hope this does hit the market soon after. Perfect!

index_03.jpg

padfone_70_08.jpg

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
Here is a promo video for it I just found. Very cool.

[video=youtube;mRcx1rxTLG8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRcx1rxTLG8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

mrmark27

Reaction score
wow, thats one enticing and interesting idea. too bad i cant hold out another 4-6 months, i guess we'll see what the resale value on the nexus is at that point and id consider it

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
wow, thats one enticing and interesting idea. too bad i cant hold out another 4-6 months, i guess we'll see what the resale value on the nexus is at that point and id consider it

I believe they moved the launch date from June to late February .

The ASUS Padfone will be launched at the next Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2012 from February 27th - March 1st in Barcelona. Nicole Scott from netbooknews.com sat with Engadget recently and let the bird out of the bag on what she knew to be reliable sources, and explained that ASUS plans on launching the device at MWC 2012. To top it off, the ASUS Padfone will have the latest NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad-core processor within it as well, just like it's brother Transformer Prime.

jerkwad

Reaction score
.....soooo he bagged both of those chicks right?

i'm just askin', is all.

jerkwad

Reaction score
It seems with this Padfone everything is perfect, so it depends on what he considers perfect.:biggrin:

good point - maybe he likes red-heads and decided to toss the phone in the trash at the end of that video! :icon_ devil: