Assassin's Creed Movie Trailer with Michael Fassbender (World Premier)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Could this be one of the few video game movies that breaks the curse of bad video game movies? Personally, I never got a chance to play the games, although they always intrigued me. What do fans of the game series think? Was Fassbender the right choice for this part?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm a serious fan of the series. I've played at least some of all of them except for Unity or whatever that crappy one that was geared more towards multiplayer was.

I like that Fassbender is playing a "new" character instead of the main modern day guy (Desmond) from the first bunch of games.

Having watched this trailer this morning, I am thoroughly excited for this movie. Idk about their take on the Animus (I'm assuming that's the weird robot arm thing holding him up?) In the games, it's more like a VR bed/chair thing. I suppose this offers a chance for scenes of him in the Animus to be more interesting than just laying there "jacked in" like in the Matrix, so I'm willing to withhold judgement.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Huge fan of the series...super huge. I'm friends with one of the Community developers that still streams on Twitch. I've also played all the console titles and own every collector's edition with some awesome swag.

Glad to see other fans. The only thing I despised about this trailer was the music. Ugh...it so did not fit at all. Although I could care less. I just want to see it already

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm a serious fan of the series. I've played at least some of all of them except for Unity or whatever that crappy one that was geared more towards multiplayer was.

I like that Fassbender is playing a "new" character instead of the main modern day guy (Desmond) from the first bunch of games.

Having watched this trailer this morning, I am thoroughly excited for this movie. Idk about their take on the Animus (I'm assuming that's the weird robot arm thing holding him up?) In the games, it's more like a VR bed/chair thing. I suppose this offers a chance for scenes of him in the Animus to be more interesting than just laying there "jacked in" like in the Matrix, so I'm willing to withhold judgement.
I absolutely love the series, I used to have all of the games in their collectors editions before my ex stole them... regardless I'm hoping this turns out to be at least half as good as the stories in some of the better games.

and... maybe we can finally figure out how to make some wrist blades.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Huge fan of the series...super huge. I'm friends with one of the Community developers that still streams on Twitch. I've also played all the console titles and own every collector's edition with some awesome swag.

Glad to see other fans. The only thing I despised about this trailer was the music. Ugh...it so did not fit at all. Although I could care less. I just want to see it already

Agree.

How about that?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Video is blocked.

c6f2cd3e5e1fd62aeaba6019b0559f13.jpg

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It looks like Nickelback but I don't know the song.

Bahaha. It's Godsmack.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did someone accuse me of playing nickelback?

@Jonny Kansas said he would ban me if I post NB.

Yeah I never played the game, so I was thinking assassins worked alone. Alright your game fans provide us a better sound track than Kayne West.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Did someone accuse me of playing nickelback?

@Jonny Kansas said he would ban me if I post NB.

Yeah I never played the game, so I was thinking assassins worked alone. Alright your game fans provide us a better sound track than Kayne West.

There's a lot more to it than you get from the trailer. Idk what they're planning for the movie, so I don't want to spoil anything.

As for the music, I think something more befitting the time period of his ancestor would be better, even with some more modern percussion underneath.

This is just a trailer, so we'll see what they do with the actual movie soundtrack.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
But if I was to pair a NB sound in thinking.

I'm just saying. Please don't ban me bro (@Jonny Kansas).