Armband Case (exercise purposes)

Bad Kermit

Reaction score
As a matter of fact, I have.

I ordered and received that armband last week. Don't waste your time and money. I'm going to send it back. It's clearly not designed for the Droid. The phone hangs out of the top of the case, and I wouldn't trust my phone to stay in while I am running. Also, the sides of the touch screen are obscured by the border of the case.

Silver Member
Reaction score

I ordered and received that armband last week. Don't waste your time and money. I'm going to send it back. It's clearly not designed for the Droid. The phone hangs out of the top of the case, and I wouldn't trust my phone to stay in while I am running. Also, the sides of the touch screen are obscured by the border of the case.
thanks for the review. i also didn't need all of the other crap. besides, the image clearly shows an LG phone...

anyone have any luck with a better solution? also, what kind of headphones are people using? 3-ways or just regular?

Bad Kermit

Reaction score

thanks for the review. i also didn't need all of the other crap. besides, the image clearly shows an LG phone...

anyone have any luck with a better solution? also, what kind of headphones are people using? 3-ways or just regular?

No problem. I'm going to add a review on Amazon soon, so other people aren't duped. In the interim, I've just set the Droid in the drink cup on the treadmill at the gym. As far as headphones go, I've had a lot of trouble in the past keeping buds in my ears, but I've had decent success with these. I tried these, but the adjustable arm didn't stay in place tightly enough to keep them in my ears.

Silver Member
Reaction score
No problem. I'm going to add a review on Amazon soon, so other people aren't duped. In the interim, I've just set the Droid in the drink cup on the treadmill at the gym. As far as headphones go, I've had a lot of trouble in the past keeping buds in my ears, but I've had decent success with these. I tried these, but the adjustable arm didn't stay in place tightly enough to keep them in my ears.
oh. i hate those. lol. i don't have any problems with buds, i just want to know if people have been using any with the built in mic (3-way). the only pair of headphones that i have that have the mic are the ones i got with my Razr and they have a mini USB on one end. lol.

silverx10

Reaction score
Aye, it does show a non-Droid in the phone, but as it had shown the "custom-designed faceplate" for the DROID, I thought it would at least be somewhat reliable.

/sigh

silverx10

Reaction score
Spellcheck? Whaaaaa? Nah, haven't you heard of the famous protecotr line of products? Best in the land! ;)

But on a serious note, I think I'm gonna go ahead and get it anyway. Get the case, an extra strip of neoprene and some velcro, and put my l337 sewing skills to use.

Oh yes, I am very manly. Very manly indeed.

odoyle81

Reaction score

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
Up-ing this thread simply because I would loove for a manufacturer to produce a Droid specific, workout case soon..

BUMP

DPilot

Reaction score
I use the Belkin Dualfit Armband with Skullcandy Asym earbuds, and I'm very satisfied. The armband holds the droid very tightly, with full view and function of the screen. The earbuds are very comfortable for running, and I have not felt them move at all.

giv1tatry

Reaction score
i got the belkin dual fit, for the ipod, on sale at a music store closing out here, last one, for 10 dollars, fits snug, screen cover doesn't really go on flush with the droid screen, im sure it won't fit exactly onto the ipod either, so you kinda have to apply a little pressure just a little, so the cover and screen makes contact, but its no biggy, touch screen works great then, will not come out fore sure, cause it was a ***** just getting it in, very tight fit, i also got the motorola rokr s9-HD blue tooth headset from fry's here in sacramento california for 79.99 plus california's state taxes, haven't used at the gym yet but the bluetooth headphone/mic works great around the apartment, but im sure itll be ok. by the way, i curl 100 lbs an arm, "body builder in the making," and it still wraps around my biceps. just kidding. let me know if this helps.

Last edited:

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
i got the belkin dual fit, for the ipod, on sale at a music store closing out here, last one, for 10 dollars, fits snug, screen cover doesn't really go on flush with the droid screen, so you kinda have to apply a little pressure so the cover and screen makes contact, but its no biggy, will not come out fore sure, cause it was a ***** just getting it in, i also got the motorola rokr s9-HD, haven't used at the gym yet, but im sure itll be ok. by the way, i curl 100 lbs an arm, "body builder in the making," and it still wraps around my biceps. just kidding. let me know if this helps.

Thx for the pics, nice score. Keep us posted on how it holds for cardio, jogging etc.

stoker420

Reaction score
how about answering the phone while it's in the arm band?? can callers hear you like if you were out jogging and a you get a call do you need to take it out if the holder