Argh! Might as well be bricked **Any Help?**

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Phone has been pretty flawless for some time. I haven't done a back up before today since 3/28/11. While at work today at some point I lost all ability to see/read/get 3G, or any data connection. Can't send texts or anything, but make calls. Wifi still works and connects.

So I made a back up and tried to restore through CWM as I always have and I get MD5 mismatch on all back ups! I reinstalled the Ape X 1.4.1 ROM without wiping data and still no data connection.

Can something kill the ability to receive or obtain a data connection???

What about the restore issue? That's always been my fall back.

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got the MD5 issue fixed on my latest back up. Will see if it restores my data connection.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I stopped overclocking because of little issues like this. I have absolutely no idea if overclocking even affected this issue, but I do know that my phone runs flawlessly stable without overclocking and I've never had an issue like this on any firmware. The smoothness benefit of overclocking is great, but I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that its a good idea to overclock the stock motorola kernel (which is our only choice courtesy of the locked bootloader). I guess I just feel like the benefits of overclocking aren't worth the little annoyances that come along every now and then.

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't been overclocked lately, more use it to underclock to help with battery.

And the restore worked but no data :icon_evil:

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any idea why a restore freezes when restoring system... cmu6plus.ok.zip?

I think the phone is spiraling out of control to it's death

Droidella

Reaction score
If you are on Verizon, they are having major 3G problems across the country... just google it. Lots of folks complaining. There are some threads on this issue on various forums, just search. I know AndroidCentral has a thread on it.

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, I found out after activating my D1 and it had the same issue, that the real inefficiency was in the bill getting paid.

But now I have this issue of the restores not working. I was following the steps in another thread using the MD5 calculator with the img files, but it's questionable if the back ups are being created correctly. There's more img files than what are in the nandroid.md5 file.

Don't know.I get nervous about doing a battery pull during the frozen restore... like now