Are you kidding me...? Accessibility prob.

jetdoc

Reaction score
Paid apps

I paid for a few apps and had them for maybe 3 days before Vzw advised me to do a full factory reset.

I've emailed the app joints to see if they will allow me to reload the apps free and explained the sitch, they have ignored me.

Anyone else come across this..?

Last edited:

trebb

Reaction score
If you're logged into your google account it still should show that they were purchased...? I've never had that problem and I factory reset my Droid1 all the time when switching to different ROMs.

Just go back into the market and download them again.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your apps are linked to your g-mail account. Not the device itself.

The factory reset, while it will wipe the device clean, will not break the 'link' between the paid apps and your g-mail account.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You did have a Gmail account sync'ed....If so, No problem.

If not, more than likely you will have to buy them again.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You will always have your paid apps saved to your google account, sync turned on or not. Don't worry.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You will always have your paid apps saved to your google account, sync turned on or not. Don't worry.

How true...Duh! I didn't think about that...You need the Google Account to buy the apps...

OP
jetdoc

jetdoc

Reaction score
Well both paid apps are in my gamail account and I can access them but there really isn't way to resend it to my phone. There is a phone number for the app, I guess I will call them tomorrow.

One is Tapatalk the the other is Beautiful widgets.

trebb

Reaction score
What are you talking about...? Just go into the market and redownload the apps. You won't have to pay for them again.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
jetdoc

jetdoc

Reaction score
I did that before I posted my question, and it wanted me to pay again....I will try again to be sure I didn't miss anything, as I must have.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This has happened before....

When you signed back into your phone with your gmail account... did you by chance sign in with a different account than the one the apps were purchased on?

I know of people who have multiple gmail accounts and have done factory resets... found the same issue as you, only to find out they had sign in with a different account.

OP
jetdoc

jetdoc

Reaction score
I must be a nit wit....I went there to tapatalk app and it wants me to buy again....I've tried several times. Its only like 3 bucks, no biggy.

OP
jetdoc

jetdoc

Reaction score
This has happened before....

When you signed back into your phone with your gmail account... did you by chance sign in with a different account than the one the apps were purchased on?

I know of people who have multiple gmail accounts and have done factory resets... found the same issue as you, only to find out they had sign in with a different account.

I do have 2 or 3 gmail accounts, ahh, that could be it, thanks Martin.