Just finished punishing my extended battery.

OP
Section Twelve
Reaction score
Section Twelve, I am sorry if you feel like you have been attacked but I have to say after reading this entire thread that you actually did the first jump when Abe questioned you about the validity of the 3 days life on your battery. As a member of the RS it is our job to make sure good reliable information is out there so that no one will be mis-lead. I have helped many people with battery life issues and frankly I have NEVER seen anyone get 3 days out of a battery of any kind in a Droid. The most I have seen has been 22-25 hours on an extended life battery. So your claim does beg the question as to fact or fiction. Anyone that has been on this forum for any length of time is going to question your claim. Are you going to attack every person that questions you??? I would hope not. And for the record..... we are not " some sort of cyber 'help squad'" We are a group of people that have been asked by the forum moderators to assist people with problems, issues or question regarding their phones. We do this with no compensation except for the knowledge that we have helped someone. I guess what I am trying to say to you is that if you want to be respected and have your results accepted, you may want to try treating all those that question you with a bit more respect your self.

Sorry, but I wasn't the first jump

Abe705236085230 said:
3+days? with heavy usage? dude the battery is only like a 15% increase in capacity compared to the stock one

I read that as "No way! You're lying!" right off. He jumped on me with that statement and I won't sit there and take it. It's that simple.

For the people asking:
As I said, I was on the Internet, using the GPS and instant messages and the like. Texting, talking and such. I was using it MUCH more than I normally do.

It said 3 days, 2 hours and some minutes. Sorry if it's hard to believe but that is what happened.

Hell, even fully charged Battery Left "guesstimates" that the phone (after it was calibrated) has 76 hours of total runtime with my usage pattern.

How's this... I will run it through another beating and then post screenshots here for everyone. Does that satisfy at least SOME of you?

Whether or not I get another 3 days is anyone's guess. But I will use a camera to take a picture of my phone since I am not rooted and can't do actual screenshots.

Until then... see you all in 3 days for the results.

cpjr

Reaction score
It said 3 days, 2 hours and some minutes. Sorry if it's hard to believe but that is what happened.

Hell, even fully charged Battery Left "guesstimates" that the phone (after it was calibrated) has 76 hours of total runtime with my usage pattern.

Think I found the problem, your going by usage statistics on the phone for those numbers....

And not an actual 3 days right?

Im just trying to help because everybody believes your talking about a physical 3 days.

OP
Section Twelve
Reaction score
learn what the RS actually does. i actually help people fix their phones.

I know what the "RS" do here. It's nice you at least try to help people of your own volition, but to just jump straight to calling me a liar is a terrible approach, man. Just terrible.

you may have never said directly to go out and buy it, but by suggesting it lasts 3 days with normal use would make the first time reader think that they can get three days out of it. it doesnt work like that.

It's not a suggestion of anything. It is an account of something which actually happened. I didn't say or suggest at any point that everyone will get 3 days of use out of a charge. I simply stated what MY account of using the extended battery turned out to be.

posting incorrect information is part of trolling, which you did. no one on here is going to agree with 3 days of heavy use from an extended battery. Whereas I am just a skeptic of stuff i see posted without any credible information other than "i have no reason to lie." but i guess you can believe everything people post on the internet now a days because it surely cant be a lie..

There you go, again, calling me a troll.

My information is NOT incorrect. I posted WHAT HAPPENED when I chose to not charge the phone at the end of a day. As far as anyone here agreeing with me... I am not looking for agreement. My original post stated my experiences with the battery and its ability to hold a charge and then asked people to post THEIR experiences with it. Never did I ask for agreement.

So, you just want to incite argument for the sake of argument.

You aren't a skeptic in a true sense. Most skeptics will question things, but they don't immediately jump to accusations of lies and trolling as you do. A skeptic is someone capable of critical thinking and you have shown a distinct inability to do as much.

Again, I am not seeking "agreement" or "argument" here at all. I am asking that people who own the battery and understand that 1500 -> 1930 is more than 15% increase to share their experiences. Good or bad. Same or not. It was an opening to discussion and not an open to your unwarranted attacks and arguments.

OP
Section Twelve
Reaction score
Think I found the problem, your going by usage statistics on the phone for those numbers....

And not an actual 3 days right?

Im just trying to help because everybody believes your talking about a physical 3 days.

The phone said it went 3 days since being unplugged.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i said 15% bc i thought it was 1800. vzw lists it at 1840 which comes out to 18% (did it in my head)

i know the back of the battery says 1930 or whatever but it also says "typical" so theres gonna be variation in that also

OP
Section Twelve
Reaction score
i said 15% bc i thought it was 1800. vzw lists it at 1840 which comes out to 18% (did it in my head)

i know the back of the battery says 1930 or whatever but it also says "typical" so theres gonna be variation in that also

The battery actually says:

1880/1930
(min)/(typ)

Minimum/Typical

So they basically say that the batteries are AT LEAST 1880mAh and are TYPICALLY 1930mAh. Maybe mine is more toward the 1930 end of the line?

JohnnyD359

Reaction score
I cant go a full day without rebooting the phone..so I never know how long it lasts unless I write down when i put it in,everytime you reboot it loses track....I have to reboot 2x a day on average....

Wow. Really?

Does it freeze up? What happens?
Usually the music player freezes up..so I stopped using it..Now I use Pandora and Slacker whileni work....but both will occasionally not put any sound out the 3.5 mm jack unless I reboot.I find the phone just runs better if you shut it off occasionally. The music player worked great until 2.2.... now you cant use it...really aggravating I loaded about 6g worth of music I cant listen too..now I just use the 3g .So this is costing Verizon as well.I used almost 8g last month...up from 2g when I had 2.1...

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
My extended battery is down to 50% after 8 hours, courtesy of angry birds. Otherwise it lasts couple days with normal usage. I can see 3 days when you don't do anything with it. Auto screen brightness will itself kill it in less then 10 hours if you leave it on.

Sent from my DROIDX

qman66

Reaction score
how is 3 days even possible this is way too hard to believe. i have to shut data off for an hour or two just to get to about 13 14 hours. how can some users possibly get 70 something hours of battery life
No one who trolls really gains anything from it but yet people still do it... hmmm.

Seriously? You're playing the troll card now?

Dude, you are a joke. I will reply to your senseless and moronic statements and just simply ignore you from then on. You contribute nothing other than condescension when someone posts something. You're always "OMG! AI NEEDZ DA PROOFZ!!! LOL! ! ! !!! !!1111" or something.

Seriously. Believe it or don't, I honestly couldn't care any less. Just like when you told me that you didn't believe I was downloading 2.2 OTA when I posted it.

And you saying your stock battery only got 15 hours makes it even more unbelievable. 1500mAh for 15 hours and now 1800mAh for 74 hours? Yea the math makes sense to me.

Yeah, the math SHOULD make sense to you since you think that 1500mAh + 15% = 1930mAh. Right?

I can't help what I get. I run my phone completely stock with some small exceptions:

• I am not rooted
  • I use launcher pro
  • I run Trillian and Touitteur constantly
  • I text
  • For work, I have to be on the phone A LOT
  • I have the weather displayed on the the BW clock
  • I used the GPS during this stint
  • The brightness is set to automatic
I have the extended battery too but I don't get 3 days out of it. I don't see anyone actually doing this.

Considering my result of 3 days and 2 hours, I don't believe you are getting anything less than 4 weeks out of a single charge.

See how the doubting works? It sounds childish and immature. You should strive for better.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Best I got out of mine was two days and like 11 ish hours screen shots are posted in that long battery thread. But that was on minimal use just texting and emails. Some music and surfing. Def not on "heavy" use. Would like to see some pics of over three days for sure.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

tsmith

Reaction score
If this guy got 72+ hours from his battery that is great for him. I didnt read it as run out and buy one now, just its an improvement over the original battery. I have read on here since getting my X back in july and feel most people are intelligent enough to understand that lots of variables go into how long a batttery charge last. I live in the land of poor signal and barely get through the daylight hours on a full charge with minimal use. I have considered a different battery so Im not constantly worrying about straying too far from the charger. Maybe his phone is special,who knows and I personally dont care. What I care about is the extended batteries do last longer and are worth the cost to upgrade to if the need is there.

and the childish bickering accomplishes nothing! Questioning the results is ok but the name calling is ridiculous. If you disagree then say it and move on as I am doing now.

Skelly022782

Reaction score
3+days? with heavy usage? dude the battery is only like a 15% increase in capacity compared to the stock one

i dont believe 3 days.

I have the extended battery as well and it's not even close to 3 days. It was an increase though over the original.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have sat here and read this whole thread and I've gotta say the love is thick in here:)

I love the Rescue Squad! They have helped me numerous times, with quick reaction and solid knowledge and/or opinions. There is no need for the back and forth bickering for 5 pages of a thread.

I don't call someone a liar that says he/she got 3 days out of an extended battery. No, it doesn't sound likely to me, but then again I've never had my standard battery below 40%. But I do believe that everyone has different results.

When I saw this thread I gotta admit it caught my eye cause I was debating getting an extended battery if I could get that kind of life out of it. But I'm also usually sitting right by a charger and see no need for at this time.

And that's my worthless $.02:)