1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Just finished punishing my extended battery.

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by Section Twelve, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Section Twelve

Section Twelve New Member

That sucker doesn't die easy (at least for me) is what I found out.

I charged it to full, unplugged it and then used it a TON. More than I really needed to use it, in fact.

The battery took 3 days, 2 hours and 11 minutes before the phone shut down on me. This, to me, makes it WELL worth the $50 I paid for it at the Verizon Store and also makes it something I'd recommend to anyone on the fence about actually shelling out cash for it.

Anyone else having good results? Keep in mind I have had the battery like 3 weeks now. I completed this test last night at 7:48PM (when the phone shut itself down).

On a related note... it took a few hours to charge back to full.
  2. dadarkside

dadarkside New Member

Which extended battery do you have? The 1750 or 3500 mah
  3. Section Twelve

It's the 1880/1930 from Verizon, the BH6X.
  4. bigdog9586

bigdog9586 New Member

I didn't know anyone made a 3500mah battery.
  5. dadarkside

dadarkside New Member

Last Time I checked sedeio website they were in development of the 3500 mah. That total run time is awesome for that verizon battery. It may be worth the 50
  6. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

3+days? with heavy usage? dude the battery is only like a 15% increase in capacity compared to the stock one

i dont believe 3 days.
  7. Scubamike

Scubamike New Member

Only a 15% increase? Did you mean to say "a 300% increase"? I get 15 to 17 hours from my DX with about 1.5 hours of talk time and 3.5 hours of screen time. That includes tons of e-mailing, some texting, twitter, surfing the net, checkbook, a little gaming, Talking Tom (for my daughters), etc... I am quite happy with that, but 15-17 hours is a long way from 3+ days.
  8. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

I mean 15 percent as in mAh

Sent from my phone... which happens to be a Droid X
  9. Section Twelve

Yeah because, you know, I gain a WHOLE lot by lying about it.

Then again, you're the very same person who doubted that the OTA for Froyo was available when I was downloading it at 12:02AM on the day it was released.

Seriously... either add something constructive, or stop replying. Or just ask yourself what I would gain from lying about this. Seriously. Ask yourself.
  10. Scubamike

Scubamike New Member

Oh, 15% in mAh. I see what you're saying. Mathematically, it does cause you to raise an eyebrow. Well, I guess the obvious question is: Section Twelve, what kind of battery life did you get from your stock battery?
  11. Section Twelve

My stock battery was getting about 15 hours with typical use and about 9-10 hours with heavy use.

Also, the extended battery is more like a 28% increase, not 15%.

Again, I have no reason to make this up. This is what happened. I used the phone. I was connected with Trillian, making calls, texting and browsing. Used the GPS (which I love, I sold my dedicated GPS) and even listened to some music.

I travel a lot for work, so I had lots of time to mess with it on the road.
  12. JohnnyD359

JohnnyD359 New Member

I cant go a full day without rebooting the phone..so I never know how long it lasts unless I write down when i put it in,everytime you reboot it loses track....I have to reboot 2x a day on average....
  13. Section Twelve

Wow. Really?

Does it freeze up? What happens?
  14. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

No one who trolls really gains anything from it but yet people still do it... hmmm.

And you saying your stock battery only got 15 hours makes it even more unbelievable. 1500mAh for 15 hours and now 1800mAh for 74 hours? Yea the math makes sense to me.

I have the extended battery too but I don't get 3 days out of it. I don't see anyone actually doing this.

Sent from my phone... which happens to be a Droid X
  15. Mustang02

Mustang02 Well-Known Member

What does your "ton" equate to? I'll text, surf, and google chat alot and my extended battery dies within twenty hours. If I let it sit without much usage it can go go days.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  16. Section Twelve

Seriously? You're playing the troll card now?

Dude, you are a joke. I will reply to your senseless and moronic statements and just simply ignore you from then on. You contribute nothing other than condescension when someone posts something. You're always "OMG! AI NEEDZ DA PROOFZ!!! LOL! ! ! !!! !!1111" or something.

Seriously. Believe it or don't, I honestly couldn't care any less. Just like when you told me that you didn't believe I was downloading 2.2 OTA when I posted it.

Yeah, the math SHOULD make sense to you since you think that 1500mAh + 15% = 1930mAh. Right?

I can't help what I get. I run my phone completely stock with some small exceptions:

• I am not rooted
    • I use launcher pro
    • I run Trillian and Touitteur constantly
    • I text
    • For work, I have to be on the phone A LOT
    • I have the weather displayed on the the BW clock
    • I used the GPS during this stint
    • The brightness is set to automatic
    Considering my result of 3 days and 2 hours, I don't believe you are getting anything less than 4 weeks out of a single charge.

See how the doubting works? It sounds childish and immature. You should strive for better.
  17. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

Feel good you got that out of your system?

I only doubt you because people tend to believe everything they read on here so then they go out and buy the extended battery only to find the thread stating they can get 3 days out of a single charge was a lie.

You wouldn't believe how many times Moto pushed back the release date so why would I get excited when someone said they finally got it? Gotta be a skeptic when it comes to moto

I really don't care when it comes to battery since im always around a charger. Just helping the gullible ones on here who would read this thinking they can pull 3 days straight.

And im a troll? Yea ill take my 4000 posts and go somewhere else. Or not. Just wont help you when something goes wrong with your phone :)

Sent from my DROIDX
  18. Section Twelve

I will only feel good about it if you feel good about calling me a troll and getting that outlandish claim out of your system.

Mileage will always vary, as they say.

I have no want and no reason to lie about it. I got what I got. Nothing more. No embellishments and no BS. I was watching and refreshing the use screen on the battery when the phone started yelling that I had "5% or less" time remaining.

I wrote down what it said just as it shut itself down.

I know Motorola are good for pushing back their release dates or, at the very least, being extremely vague about when.

Then why bother with the argument and the accusations? If it matters little so little to you, there is really no reason to jump all over a person.

It was you calling me a troll. I never accused you of being one at all. So not sure where you're getting that from. At all.

I mean really... read my post history. I don't come here to troll.

I don't need your help. I never ask for it. I sometimes ask for opinions, but I pretty much search out solutions to my problems on my own.

Condescending and belligerent people like you who try to call the things they say to people "help" is just laughable at best. :)
  19. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

Condescending and belligerent?

I don't think Abe was any of the above, and BTW he is on the RS for a reason. He knows his stuff. What you saying about battery life for your phone might be true, but you must admit it sounds fishy compared to your 15-17 hrs you got on a stock battery.

Like Abe said he was just trying to sort out any BS from fact, to help newer members. He spends all day trying to help people with "broken" phones. That's what the RS does try to help people, but don't worry, like you said you don't need any.
  20. DesktopDevin

DesktopDevin Member

It's not about quantity of the posts, but should be all about quality of the posts.
Search tags for this page
bhx5 vs. bhx6 battery

bhx6

bhx6 battery

bhx6 battery specs
bhx6 droid x2 battery
bhx6 with motorola droid x2
can droid x2 use bhx6 battery
droid x bhx6 battery
how to test motorola bhx6 battery
is battery bhx6 compatible with droid x phone

motorola bhx6