Are you in favor or against Android dropping the app drawer

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Not actual...
"The Android N images in this post are mockups based on what we've seen—sorry, we can't post the actual screenshots"

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not actual...
"The Android N images in this post are mockups based on what we've seen—sorry, we can't post the actual screenshots"

Good catch. I guess we will have to wait until the Android N previews hit the servers.

mapz99

Reaction score
I have 3 screens for my more used apps and utilize a few folders to group similar apps.

But I definitely have a use for the app drawer, there are a bunch of apps I don't use often. They are there when I need them.

Don't get rid of the app drawer!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Absolutely. I can do things in the app drawer that the native system cannot.
To wit:
uploadfromtaptalk1457019908254.png

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I'm still using Apex, which has the exact same features as Nova. If I didn't know any better I'd think they came from the same developer. Regardless, I re-downloaded Nova over the Christmas holiday and just haven't had the time to set it up. Nova has been at the top of the list for what 3+ years now? It's definitely a top notch launcher.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I'm still using Apex, which has the exact same features as Nova. If I didn't know any better I'd think they came from the same developer. Regardless, I re-downloaded Nova over the Christmas holiday and just haven't had the time to set it up. Nova has been at the top of the list for what 3+ years now? It's definitely a top notch launcher.
As someone who had used Apex for a long while (thanks to you actually )I made the switch to Nova and never looked back. I found it easier to do some of the things I wanted. I also liked the feature of changing font color for app names which I don't recall ever seeing in Apex.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
The.more I think about it, the more I think if I owned Google semicolon and someone came to me with this idea to remove the app drawer.... I would fire him edit or her. Can you tell I use voice to text?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I read that (here), as well. I will check my friends S7 unless someone here with one comments before then.
Here's the thing though. The G5 will have M....not N. So maybe Google ISN'T getting rid of it...these companies just trying something new?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I read that (here), as well. I will check my friends S7 unless someone here with one comments before then.
Here's the thing though. The G5 will have M....not N. So maybe Google ISN'T getting rid of it...these companies just trying something new?
I'm wondering if it's a ploy to try & capture some iPhone users? Make it more like they're used to & you might convert some that would otherwise be overwhelmed by the differences...?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk