Are there any remotes for Android phones?

Zabrak

Reaction score
I use my phone to play music at work, and rather than fumble through my pockets to try to get the music app open to pause a song, I'd rather just reach in my pocket for a remote to quickly press a button. I can't use headphones at work, so I'm not looking for any headsets, rather a remote.

I bought this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18148092430...49&var=480443421699&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

But I got jipped, as it doesn't work for it

Anybody know of any?

wcjeep

Reaction score
Pebble smart watch might accomplish this. Motorola had Android remote stuff. It was on clearance about a monument ago.

micp1480

Reaction score
Pebble smart watch might accomplish this. Motorola had Android remote stuff. It was on clearance about a monument ago.
I may have an answer to possibly what you are trying to achieve. First, the Note 3 has the capability of turning on NFC, which stands for Near Frequency Communication, and this is located in your settings. Now, if you go to the Play Store, and you were to down load a program called, "Trigger", which I use. I'll get back to what Trigger does, but first go to Amazon and order NFC tags, they are cheap, I bought 6 for $11.00. You get one key chain, and 5 tags. Now, these tags have a chip inside them, with a certain amount of storage, but enough for at least two commands. Now, using Trigger you can write to these tags to execute those commands, so by coming close to the back of your phone, your phone will execute that command with NFC on. I touch one tag when I walk into my apartment and I am connected immediately to my WiFi, and my key chain connects me to my bluetooth to my car, which turns it on and off. These tags can be used over and over again, or they can be written permanently. You can walk into the gym touch the tag to the phone and your music comes on immediately, or walk into a meeting and touch your phone with an another tag and your phone is immediately silenced. I use my tags, and have had no problems.

AM

Last edited: