Apps with high battery usage

G671

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Just went through my app manager to look at every app. Things like "Samsung Gear VR Service".. "Knox", and "Help", all show 29% battery usage since last charge. None can be disabled, however. I don't use them, as far as I know. Anything I can do about this?

Last edited:

NOVICE

Reaction score
Can you download Package Disabler Pro from the Playstore and use this to disable all or some of the subject apps?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That number can be misleading though. If you've got 90% battery left that's not really using a lot of battery (29% of 10% used) and could just be the result of a new phone developing a battery usage history. If you've done nothing with your phone today, as an example, it could also be accurate and again not much battery usage. What you should be seeing is Android System, Android OS , Screen and/or Phone Idle as your top users when you use your phone regularly throughout the day. With Marshmallow being new it could be the way the phone is reporting and nothing to be concerned about if you're getting excellent battery life overall.
If you aren't signed into your Samsung account they could be trying to contact the server in the background at regular intervals as well.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Mr_Larva

Reaction score
You need to disable Samsung Gear VR service,
Of cause, you can not disable Gear VR service by normal way
You need a special app to do that
I found in google Play an app can disable Samsung apps and services without ROOT
So you can try this, this name is [Package Disabler Samsung +] or search [com.kunkunsoft.packagedisabler]

Hope this help

Last edited:

drgigglefr1tz

Reaction score
Can you download Package Disabler Pro from the Playstore and use this to disable all or some of the subject apps?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I'm sure he could but I hope he knows what exactly is being disabled. There were several things that were disabled for me that I use yet didn't know we're disabled.

Even the home button for Chrome was disabled.

Posted from a Galaxy S7E