Apps to SD

Discussion in 'Team D1-MIUI' started by DROOIID, May 21, 2011.

1. rafiki1

rafiki1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If I were to change roms would I have to do the partitioning and everything again? What will happen to the apps already moved to sd using links2sd?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2. rafiki1

rafiki1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know?

3. akhenax

akhenax Silver Member

Ratings:
    +504

Generally speaking, I think you would have to move all your apps back to internal storage, backup everything, swap roms, then restore...THEN...move them back to SD. I don't think Roms scan the SD card for apps and relink them to the Homescreen automatically.

4. rafiki1

rafiki1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I installed new rom and partitions were still there but had to install all apps back and move to partition. Pretty much what you said. Thanks

5. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use Titanium Backup to batch move ALL my apps to my SD, then I use another batch process on TB again to move the ones I need on my phone back to my phone (like widgets and certain apps).

6. Genasus

Genasus New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Tried, and failed.

Hi,

I have a Droud X2, and am loving it. I synced my mail, callander and music, and tried to dl a ringtone and it said i was out of internal memory. Your solution seams like the best, but when i tried it, it didnt work. On a 16G card, i created a 500MB Primary partition, but link2sd says that there is not one there.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Genasus dancedroid

7. DROOIID

DROOIID Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To do this do you need the paid version.

8. Droidlovinyogi

Ratings:
    +1
    icculusX,

Thanks for the heads up about this feature in TiBu. I’ve had TiBu ever since I rooted – long before being on Miui. I bought the Pro version so I’d have all the premium features and updates, and up until now I’ve only used it for scheduled batch back up ups, but never used it to restore.

I just used it to batch move the apps that work from the SD over. It worked fine and freed up about 69MB of internal memory!

This latest build seemed to be a real memory hog. It’s the first Gingerbread build where not being able to easily move apps to SD became a real problem. It was getting so bad that I couldn’t even update my apps because of low memory. The phone was beginning to slow down, even while using Chevy’s 1.0Ghz-lowV kernel, which is high as I could go and still run cool.

Now the snap is back and it's super-quick, updates and all. It’s pretty amazing. I always knew that investing in TiBu Pro would pay off, just didn’t know it’d be now.

9. Droidlovinyogi

Ratings:
    +1
    I really appreciate Kamisan posting the process he used. I’m very busy these days and only have so much time to dedicate to Droiding. I hope this TiBu move continues to work so I don’t have to do the partition process anytime soon. I want to learn how to do it – have already copied and pasted the how to notes in Word and saved it on my computer – but I can’t make the time now unless I absolutely have to.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your wisdom in the realm of Droid and Android.

10. megraven21

megraven21 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I just tried to move my larger apps to SD and when i went into App Manager and opened Angry Birds (for example) I don't see the option to move an app to "internal storage" or "move to phone" or any other option. This is my first Samsung device (always had Motorola) so maybe its done differently? I would think it has more to do with the OS than Samsung vs Motorola but I don't want to assume. I heard a rumor that Samsung did something strange with the apps to SD option but since the phone has an SD card slot, I have assume its usable.

Anyone know?

11. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +554
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 7
    Not 100% sure, I know on my phone they don't allow you to move the apps. Have you tried an app like app2sd?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

12. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    Moving apps to the SD card is no longer a stock option on Android. This started on ICS for some devices, and is true for pretty much all devices on Jelly Bean. If you want to move any apps to the SD card, there's a process that can be done after you've rooted your phone.

Search tags for this page
how do i move apps to sd card on samsung axiom
how do you move apps to a sd card on a samsung axiam
how to move apps to sd card on axiom
how to move apps to sd card on galaxy axiom
how to move apps to sd card on samsung axiom
miui v5 how to move applications on sd card

samsung axiom move apps to sd card

samsung axiom move to sd card
samsung axiom transfer to sd card
why cant i move apps to my sd card