Apps that are no longer in the market?

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I had a couple apps that I used on my OG DROID that are not in the Market anymore, so I can't DL them to my X2. Can I pull them off the OG and install the APK that way?

Also, the MARKET on this thing sux. I searched for a couple apps that I used to use by name (exact spelling), and they don't come up in the search. I had to search for keywords to find them. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

warped1987

Reaction score
I had a lot of free music apps i used for a while, and then removed them for some reason, went to search for them and they were taken out of the market.

I bet theres a way if they are on your SD card you can transfer them somehow

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had a couple apps that I used on my OG DROID that are not in the Market anymore, so I can't DL them to my X2. Can I pull them off the OG and install the APK that way?

Also, the MARKET on this thing sux. I searched for a couple apps that I used to use by name (exact spelling), and they don't come up in the search. I had to search for keywords to find them. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

I think your Droid would need to be rooted, and then you would have to use both the free version of Titanium Backup and the paid version.

Now I've never tried this from one phone to another, so I'm not sure what will happen when you reinstall Titanium into the X2. Oh and btw the X2 would need to be rooted or even the thought of it happening won't.

You're other bet is to Google the app like this: (nameofapp).apk Then if you can find an apk file for it you can install it that way.

OP
D

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I searched Google for it, found it and downloaded the app I wanted. Thanks.

The app was caller ID Faker.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I searched Google for it, found it and downloaded the app I wanted. Thanks.

The app was caller ID Faker.
Should be obvious why that was pulled.

I had a lot of free music apps i used for a while, and then removed them for some reason, went to search for them and they were taken out of the market.
...those too.

tylergill2

Reaction score
Also there is a free app on the market called 4shared and with it you can download non market apps

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Bravesfan319

Reaction score

Download a barcode scanner, search for the app on google, enable downloading from outside sources, and ta da.

Good luck