Apps Auto-Installing Icons to Home Screen

Agrajag

Reaction score
Is there a way to disable the Play app from placing icons on my home screens for installs of every single app? I've searched this and others seem to be able to do it with a setting in the Play app itself but I see no such setting. The only thing I see that seems almost related is a setting to automatically install a widget and that's not checked.

This is driving me nuts having to constantly clean up after installs.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Yes there is, cause i stopped mine. But now i can't find the option. I think it's on the phone itself. Give me a minute and I'll see what i can find

OP
A

Agrajag

Reaction score
I hope you can find it. I've looked all over the phone without any luck.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I googled it, and it said go into play store settings and click the "auto add shortcut" toggle off. But there is not anything like that in my play store settings :S

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Ok, it is the "auto install widget" setting in play store. I would check it on, then off and try it again.

OP
A

Agrajag

Reaction score
Not working for me. I cleared the data, checked and unchecked and new installs still put things on the home screens. GRRRR.

SallyC

Reaction score
Is there a way to disable the Play app from placing icons on my home screens for installs of every single app? I've searched this and others seem to be able to do it with a setting in the Play app itself but I see no such setting. The only thing I see that seems almost related is a setting to automatically install a widget and that's not checked.

This is driving me nuts having to constantly clean up after installs.

With Play open, go to Menu and then uncheck Auto-add widgets.

OP
A

Agrajag

Reaction score
Sally, the problem is that it was unchecked to begin with so I checked it and unchecked it but that didn't fix the issue.

tygerchylde

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure this out for a while now. I don't need my homescreen to function like an iPoop homescreen. If I wanted an iPoop, I'd have bought one. Maybe they introduced it to help people who are switching from an iPoop, but those of us who have Android phones want them to behave like Android, not pOS.

SallyC

Reaction score
Sally, the problem is that it was unchecked to begin with so I checked it and unchecked it but that didn't fix the issue.

Hmm. I once had another app (Folder Organizer?) which I think gave me the option to auto add apps to my home screen. If you have something like that, it might be the problem. Otherwise it would seem something got stuck in the Play app. If you've tried Clearing Cache and Data then I guess I'd try Uninstall updates, and then try updating it again.

OP
A

Agrajag

Reaction score
That's exactly what I just did and that seems to have done it. What a confusing mess that was. Why can't they just have an clearly worded option? Sometimes Google makes you just scratch your head. Thanks all.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Agrajag said:
That's exactly what I just did and that seems to have done it. What a confusing mess that was. Why can't they just have an clearly worded option? Sometimes Google makes you just scratch your head. Thanks all.

Well it's not complicated when it works lol.

amnbcn

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure this out for a while now. I don't need my homescreen to function like an iPoop homescreen. If I wanted an iPoop, I'd have bought one. Maybe they introduced it to help people who are switching from an iPoop, but those of us who have Android phones want them to behave like Android, not pOS.

+1 dancedroid