1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Turning off auto spacing on home screen?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by Shoop, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Shoop

Shoop New Member

I have installed a couple of widgets on my main home screen, however; there is a lot of space in between them that is not being used up. When I try to move one of the widgets a little closer it automatically goes back to its set position.
    Is there an app or a way to turn off the auto spacing so I can put widgets or icons exactly where I want them?

Thanks
  2. blu1080

blu1080 New Member

I've been a android user since the g1 and have yet to find anything like that. it would be cool though! id be curious to see if a developer could take this idea and do some developing magic:icon_eek:
  3. Droidlicous

Droidlicous New Member

+1 good idea!!!
  4. meester

meester New Member

One alternative is to put folders on the home screen. It's an extra click to open the folder but then you could stuff quite a few items there.
  5. Royal2000H

Royal2000H New Member

The reason for the spacing is because it needs enough room to show the home screen in landscape (keyboard open)....

Open the keyboard and you'll see what I mean