Application not installed on your phone.

celtic11

Reaction score
I seem to have applications uninstalling themselves from my phone. It seems more and more often I will click on one of my regularly used apps to find that it is not installed on my phone. The icon stays on the homescreen and I have no clue how they are getting uninstalled but I always have to go to the market and redownload them. Anybody?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
Known issue with the software. Its been said to reboot your device && everything shows up again. Its often the ones that were moved to the Media Area and your sdcard was mounted to the computer for example.

OP
celtic11

celtic11

Reaction score
I wonder if an app like quick reboot would do the trick. Either way, thanks for the reply.

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
Yeah quick reboot pro works. I use it for hot boot, reboot, etc. Just hot boot it & it will come back. No problem!

macdaddy123

Reaction score
so far most things i tried to transfer to the sd card on my droid 3 get messed up at somepoint during the day and have to reboot several times to get it back which is anoyying. so i would just say stick with the 2 gigs of internal memorey and u should be okay

OP
celtic11

celtic11

Reaction score
so far most things i tried to transfer to the sd card on my droid 3 get messed up at somepoint during the day and have to reboot several times to get it back which is anoyying. so i would just say stick with the 2 gigs of internal memorey and u should be okay

Seems to be an issue for me as well. Decided to move them back to the phone.

PuneE

Reaction score
same here. some apps that were pushed to SD somehow loses its link. in "manage applications" i will see them listed grayed out under their native app name with an "InSD" icon. Im not able to push it back to the phone, As far as Ive noticed, rebooting hasnt restored any apps that Ive noticed that bugged out. My only solution was to reinstall, or uninstall first before reinstall.

all these little software issues with the D3 is getting pretty irritating.

tend2it

Reaction score
X-posed related response I made to another thread ...

I had a similar problem using Apps 2 SD to move things out of internal storage. App icons would disappear from folders and the main home screens and Apps would disappear from the Apps 2 SD listing and Apps listings ... sometimes App icons would still remain but clicking on it would throw up an error that the App is not found on the system ... Yikes! ... All said icons were definitely related to ones that were moved to the SD card. Unmounting/mounting and rebooting sometimes helps recover. After much research, I tried out Apps Organizer, which lets you categorize your apps and create widget folders of the categories. These widget folders can be placed on home screens and seem to be refreshed when you click on them. So far so good ... powering off and rebooting ... and the missing icons/apps issue seems to have gone away. Knock on wood. Apps Organizer looks like the workaround we've been looking for ... and its free !

OP
celtic11

celtic11

Reaction score
X-posed related response I made to another thread ...

I had a similar problem using Apps 2 SD to move things out of internal storage. App icons would disappear from folders and the main home screens and Apps would disappear from the Apps 2 SD listing and Apps listings ... sometimes App icons would still remain but clicking on it would throw up an error that the App is not found on the system ... Yikes! ... All said icons were definitely related to ones that were moved to the SD card. Unmounting/mounting and rebooting sometimes helps recover. After much research, I tried out Apps Organizer, which lets you categorize your apps and create widget folders of the categories. These widget folders can be placed on home screens and seem to be refreshed when you click on them. So far so good ... powering off and rebooting ... and the missing icons/apps issue seems to have gone away. Knock on wood. Apps Organizer looks like the workaround we've been looking for ... and its free !

Does it also allow you an easy way to move apps to the sd card?

tend2it

Reaction score
Does it also allow you an easy way to move apps to the sd card?

Yes ... "Apps 2 SD" provides a nice GUI to move apps to the SD card ... it also will notify you
when a new downloaded app can be moved to SD card. Once moved, "Apps Organizer"
keeps them organized into folders and keeps them visible rather than go missing. On
reboot, I noticed the widget folders created through Apps Organizer synched content
... so it appears to fix SD content shortcut icons or app links to SD that might not normally
be mounted during bootup.

OP
celtic11

celtic11

Reaction score
Yes ... "Apps 2 SD" provides a nice GUI to move apps to the SD card ... it also will notify you
when a new downloaded app can be moved to SD card. Once moved, "Apps Organizer"
keeps them organized into folders and keeps them visible rather than go missing. On
reboot, I noticed the widget folders created through Apps Organizer synched content
... so it appears to fix SD content shortcut icons or app links to SD that might not normally
be mounted during bootup.

Sorry I misunderstood your previous post. I am aware of how apps 2 sd works and that's what I was using when I was having problems. I thought you were saying apps organizer was a better alternative to app 2 sd but you are using them together..

tend2it

Reaction score
Sorry I misunderstood your previous post. I am aware of how apps 2 sd works and that's what I was using when I was having problems. I thought you were saying apps organizer was a better alternative to app 2 sd but you are using them together..

Sorry ... I was saying that the 2 apps work together... apps 2 sd moves them ... apps organizer keeps them from disappearing and makes them visible through their folder widgets.