Application install issues

mfratto

Reaction score
So ever since I started using Froyo based ROM's, I am having trouble with several apps that will install to the SD, but when I do that, they application updates fail. Pandora, ROM Manager, Google Sky, PicSayPro, to name a few simply fail. If I move them back to the internal storage, then the updates are fine (though an app, Network Discovery, fails even though it is installed on the internal mem).

I have been searching for an answer and it seems to be "one of those things." with no solution, but of course, others are using apps2sd successfully, so it *does* work.

Any pointers?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you tried more than one FroYo Rom and had the same result on the different ROMs, I also had Market update and force close issues and recently switched to a newer ROM version and my troubles disappeared. Now I can seamlessly update and move my apps to the SD with no problems

OP
M

mfratto

Reaction score
Same problem, different ROM's

Yep, same issue manifests on cyanogen, Lithium, BB.

I may have to reformat the card, but I don't think that will help.

There is something whacky going on with Android. The .android_secure directory has no permissions, which means nothing, including the owner, can read or write to it. Yet, it is being written to and read from. So that ain't right. Looks like to make that directory protected, there is some low level kludging going on. *sigh*

**update**
I disabled apps2sd in Lithium, and I was able to install Network discovery. Note that even setting application to "Internal" still caused the installation to fail.

Last edited: