Update issues?

ljholland

Reaction score
When I go into Market to update, some apps fail to update. If I delete them, they'll reinstall fine. At first I thought this was related to programs stored on the SD card but I'm seeing it on programs stored in internal memory as well.

Also, I've had the problem with different phones and ROMs so I assume it's an Android OS issue.

Thoughts?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I go into Market to update, some apps fail to update. If I delete them, they'll reinstall fine. At first I thought this was related to programs stored on the SD card but I'm seeing it on programs stored in internal memory as well.

Also, I've had the problem with different phones and ROMs so I assume it's an Android OS issue.

Thoughts?

It's not an OS issue. I don't know how often it's happened to you but I have no problems downloading stuff from the internet.

I suggest going into settings/applications/all applications/market/clear cache and data. See if that doesn't help you out.

OP
L

ljholland

Reaction score
Well....it didn't really work. I got an update all notification. One app failed, the other installed properly.

I think there's something else going on.

Troops2990

Reaction score
i have been having this issue as well, usually when i click on the notification and re-download it, it'll all work fine

OP
L

ljholland

Reaction score
UPDATE. It turns out that some apps just don't like being moved to the SD card. When I moved the apps that were causing problems back to the phone, they updated fine.

So - just because you CAN move an app to the card doesn't mean you should.