App to Alt/Tab

Dr01d

Reaction score
Hi, I use a task killer app to switch between apps but it's a bit cumbersome to pull my notification bar down, pull up Estrong's, and long press the app I want to switch to.

I was wondering if there's a way to switch between the current app and the previous app with just one press or perhaps a screen gesture? Is there an app to do this or maybe it's even built into the Droid's functionality?

Specifically what I want is to switch between Handcent and whatever else I am using quickly so that every time a text comes in I don't have to go through the longish process detailed above.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi, I use a task killer app to switch between apps but it's a bit cumbersome to pull my notification bar down, pull up Estrong's, and long press the app I want to switch to.

I was wondering if there's a way to switch between the current app and the previous app with just one press or perhaps a screen gesture? Is there an app to do this or maybe it's even built into the Droid's functionality?

Specifically what I want is to switch between Handcent and whatever else I am using quickly so that every time a text comes in I don't have to go through the longish process detailed above.

Long press the home button to display the last 6 apps you've used.

Sleeve

Reaction score
Also, Handcent will stack notifications in the notification panel. While you're running any other app except a full screen game, swipe down the notification panel and pick Handcent Sms. That will open Handcent and show the contacts who have sent you messages at the top of the screen. Any time an app notifies you and puts an entry in the temporary part of the notification screen, its entry is clickable and will take you to some meaningful part of the app. This is usually context sensitive to the purpose of the notification. For example, in WeatherBug, when there is a weather alert, the notification opens the alerts page. In Handcent, it opens the page that shows the list of contacts, with contacts that have sent new messages at the top and marked in red. Click the contact, see their message.

If you've installed a home mod that removes the notification bar, follow the advice above, long press home.