Quickly switch between apps?

MJE

Reaction score
Looking for a way to quickly switch between open apps without having to go back through the home screen. Maybe something akin to the task bar on a Windows machine, or the Alt+Tab combination, or even better - the card flicking thing on the Pre.

Anything like this for Droid?

OP
M

MJE

Reaction score
So THAT's how I got that window to pop up! I've fumble-fingered it a time or two and gotten that to come up, but couldn't figure out what I'd done.

Thanks!

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP, check my sig. Lots of good hints and help there. ;)

Chris1

Reaction score
theres an app which does this too using the camera button - i think its called taskswitcher but haven't used it in a while

CatB

Reaction score
Long-press the soft home key my friend.

This works, thanks, but what I don't understand is, even when I run Advanced Task Killer, kill all tasks so nothing is open, and then Long Press the Home Key, it still shows some of my most recently opened programs, even though they are closed!

Is there a reason for this?

Thanks!

Another_Dude

Reaction score
Long-press the soft home key my friend.

This works, thanks, but what I don't understand is, even when I run Advanced Task Killer, kill all tasks so nothing is open, and then Long Press the Home Key, it still shows some of my most recently opened programs, even though they are closed!

Is there a reason for this?

Thanks!

Longpress Home will show the last six apps you had open, it doesn't matter if they are currently running or not.