Mike8016

Reaction score
Is there an app similar to smart actions that I can use on my bionic

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ripper2860

Reaction score
AutomateIT. Free from the Market.

I've setup Rules for the following ...

- Enable BT, and GPS, set Screen Brightness to Auto, Set Music Volume to 100%, Disable Wifi (if enabled), Enable Mobile Data (if disabled), when placed in Car Dock.
- Disable BT and GPS, set Screen Brightness to 30%, Set Music Volume to 50%, Enable Mobile Data, when removed from Car Dock
- Enable and Connect to WiFi and disable Mobile Data when I arrive at Work or Home. (Uses Location-based Services) *
- Disable Wifi and Enable Mobile Data when I leave Work or Home. (Uses Location-based Services)

Pretty powerful stuff -- yet easy to do. A lot of options and actions that can automate things and save battery. Even has actions based on Battery %. Lots of COOL stuff!! Th Pro version has some addtional things like actions based on sensor states, etc and it's only $1.50

* Believe it or not -- the Bionic currently does NOT disable Mobile Data when connected to WiFi. The 3G/4G icon may disappear, but the RADIOS are still on and sucking battery. That's supposed to be fixed in the next OTA update.

OP
Mike8016

Mike8016

Reaction score
AutomateIT. Free from the Market.

I've setup Rules for the following ...

- Enable BT, Rnable GPS, set Screen Brightness to Auto, Set Music Volume to 100%, Disable Wifi (if enabled), Enable Mobile Data (if disable) when placed in Car Dock.
- Disable BT and GPS, set Screen Brightness to 30%, Set Music Volume to 50%, Enable Mobile Data, when removed from Car Dock
- Enable and Connect to WiFi (and disable Mobile Data) when I arrive at Work or Home. (Uses Location-based Services) *
- Disable Wifi and Enable Mobile Data when I leave Work or Home. (Uses Location-based Services)

Pretty powerful stuff. A lot of option and actions that can automate things and save battery. Even has actions based on Battery %. Lots of COOL stuff!!

* Believe it or not -- the Bionic currently does NOT disable Mobile Data when connected to WiFi. The 3G/4G icon may disappear, but the RADIOS are still on sucking power. That's supposed to be fixed in the next OTA update.

Thanks for the info. My data never disappears whenever I am on wifi. I had a suspicion it was still on. Hopefully the new update is out soon

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

drakenhoffen

Reaction score
I would go with tasker if you want to do everything automated, but large learning curve.
Verizon put out one called "Verizon WiFi Auto-On"
But only turns wifi on and off at locations.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I used Locale for a long time on my D1. Not free but it worked well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Scribble

Reaction score
I use locale- it's great. Supposedly not as many options as Tasker, but it does everything I've needed it to do. :D