app idea for car

jdail84

Reaction score
can the droid be used to detect police radar and scanners that would be an amazing app to go with the gps. just a thought if anyone decides to do this please let me and im sure everyone else know!! thanks

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
can the droid be used to detect police radar and scanners that would be an amazing app to go with the gps. just a thought if anyone decides to do this please let me and im sure everyone else know!! thanks

There is an app called Trapster. It lets people flag the location and time they last saw a speed trap set up. Now, just because you see a marked location it doesn't mean the speed trap is currently live. Likewise, just because you see the last time someone flagged that location an hour ago it doesn't mean someone is there right now....or not there right now:)

I tried it once and it was interesting. They since have upgraded it so if someone else using Trapster is traveling the same road as you they have a line behind them so you know someone is scouting out the road ahead. Of course if they don't flag the speed trap you still could get stopped.

I've used DroidLive Lite to listen to police/fire scans. Lots of folks have a scanner plugged into the internet that you can listen to via your pc. This means you can listen to it on your phone. My town isn't on the web but a couple of bigger ones nearby are. There is another app that does scanners too. Check out the market, search for scanner.

OP
J

jdail84

Reaction score
thats cool ill check the scanners out but can the droid beused to detect the radar/lasers that police use ? i mean this phone does everything else lol

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most police no longer use radar.... they use li-dar.... which isn't detectable with a radar detector.
Trapster is your best bet. Spot the police, and post where they are.

Remember.... by the time your detector goes off.... they've already got you :)

Mojo

Reaction score