App Icon removal from Startup Main Page??

WinePress.US

Reaction score
I searched the site, and couldn't find a thread on this, so I started one..

I somehow have 3 phone icons on my startup page, and don't know how to remove the two I don't need. I've tried holding the icon til it chirps, and moving it back to the apps page with no luck..

How can I delete icons from quickstartup page? Also, how do you name or rename a folder?

New user, assistance much appreciated.
Joel

Aximtreo

Reaction score
Icon removal

I searched the site, and couldn't find a thread on this, so I started one..

I somehow have 3 phone icons on my startup page, and don't know how to remove the two I don't need. I've tried holding the icon til it chirps, and moving it back to the apps page with no luck..

How can I delete icons from quickstartup page? Also, how do you name or rename a folder?

New user, assistance much appreciated.
Joel

You were on the right track holding and dragging. You just dragged it to the wrong place. Hold, drag to the bottom center until you see the icon turn red, release to the trash can. Repeat as needed.:icon_ banana:

OP
W

WinePress.US

Reaction score
Thank you for your assistance. I thought that when it turned red, that it meant it wasn't allowed. haa haa... oh, the simplicity.. Thanks again

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
to answer your last question open the new folder(s) you created and long press on the top of it where it says "folder" and rename it from there