1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Removing Icons From Home Page

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by papadroid, Nov 14, 2009.

1. papadroid

papadroid New Member

I accidentally discovered that long-pressing an icon will move it to the home page. However, I can't figure out how to remove it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. iraparks

iraparks New Member

long press and drag it down to the bottom of the screen, once it turns red, unpress
  3. papadroid

papadroid New Member

Removing Icons

Well, I guess I should have studied the discussions more closely before submitting this post. I now know that you can long-press an icon until it turns red and then drag it back to the tab at the bottom of the home page that brings up the list of all other applications and the icon will be removed from the home page and returned to that list.

Now, there's just one more issue. I moved the calendar application to my home page twice. So, using the method described above, I was able to put one copy back where it came from, but no luck on the second copy.

Any ideas out there ??
  4. sir

sir New Member

"moving" an item to the homescreen does not remove it from the application list. so removing it from the home screen does not "move" it back to the application list. i don't see why it would prevent you from dragging both of them and trashing them.
  5. droidplanet

droidplanet New Member

Not so sure....

I tried the "holding the icon and dragging it to the bottom until it turns red" thing, but the icons jump right back where they were. I wanted to clear my home page, but instead, by following the aforementioned method, I ended up with empty icons. Has anyone else had this problem? One of the icons was my "Contacts" icon, and I had to set up my contacts again. Is there another way to clear your homepage so you can start fresh?
  6. Katman

Katman New Member

My step son figured it out. One of the posted emails is correct. Hold the app down for a while and then drag it to the button with the up arrow on the bottom of the screen and let go. I first tried dragging it to the bottom of the screen which doesn't work. You have to drop in in the button with the up arrow
  7. droidplanet

droidplanet New Member

Yes....it's correct.

It's very particular though. The icon and the trash can at the bottom of the screen both have to be red for it to be removed from the home page. I tried it again after my last post and was successful!!!
  8. willib

willib New Member

This is a must read for beginners!
  9. CoyoteMo

CoyoteMo New Member

Icon stuck in landscape mode

On my Droid 2 the calendar icon is stuck when I am in landscape mode. I managed to trash the icon on my home screen, but it doesn't respond to touch at all in the landscape mode. Also, it is interferring with my ability to read text on any application that I put in landscape mode. Driving me nuts! Help!!
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
Search tags for this page
big icon on a droid phone remove it
how do i remove icons from my android phone
how to delete icon from android home page
how to delete icon on home page
how to delite icons on home page
how to remove icon from home page
how to remove icon from homepage on droid

how to remove icons from droid

how to remove icons from droid 2 screen
i cant remove the built in alarm on the main screen of my mo