App for recording phone calls

asaunders

Reaction score
Hey folks. Is there an app out there that can record phone calls?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

TedMurphy

Reaction score
Sure, we have a nice Android app for initiating a recorded phone call. Easy and quick, cloud-based, keeps the call saved and available forever, free for the first 25 minutes. Contact me at [email protected] for more information.

TedMurphy

Reaction score
Can you legally record your own phone call here in the US? Depends on a bunch of stuff.

First of all, if you're not on the call as a participant, you can't legally record it without the knowledge and consent of the people on the call.

If you are one of the people speaking on the call, most states (ie 38 out of 50) allow you to record the phone call without telling the other people on the call. These 38 states are called one-party consent states, because only one person needs to consent.

The two-party consent states of CA, CT, FL, IL, MD, MA, MT, NV, NH, PA and WA don't allow you to record without telling everyone on the call. If one of the call participants is in a two-party consent state while the other participant is in a one-party consent state, then the two-party consent laws apply to the call (everyone must give consent).

I'm not a lawyer, so this is just my opinion on how the laws apply to recording a phone call. You can email me at [email protected] for more info.

Last edited:

TedMurphy

Reaction score
Hockey, I did not get your email ... Hatter, I'm sorry, but I am being told by the droid forum admin guys to not talk about Call Trunk on these boards. I am happy to answer more general questions about call recording.