Recording App

asaunders

Reaction score
Hey folks. Is there an app out there on the market that can record calls? I tried allcallrecord but it doesn't seem to work.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

TedMurphy

Reaction score
Check out Call Trunk -- we have a nice Android app for recording calls. Easy and quick, cloud-based, keeps the call saved and available forever, free for the first 25 minutes. Contact me at [email protected] for more information.

TedMurphy

Reaction score
Yes, it records both sides of the conversation. It costs $0.04 per minute, but the first 25 minutes are free.

RageBot

Reaction score
Check out Call Trunk -- we have a nice Android app for recording calls. Easy and quick, cloud-based, keeps the call saved and available forever, free for the first 25 minutes. Contact me at [email protected] for more information.

Why not just make an app that stores the call locally instead of charging for cloud storage?

TedMurphy

Reaction score
Well, this architecture is more flexible, and its more convenient. You can initiate a recorded call from any web interface, whether it be smartphone or desktop. And the recorded calls are immediately available online for sharing, editing, transcribing, etc.

We don't charge for storage, btw. The charge is because of the unavoidable per minute costs to the phone companies for access to POTS. We'd love to make it free.

RageBot

Reaction score
Well, this architecture is more flexible, and its more convenient. You can initiate a recorded call from any web interface, whether it be smartphone or desktop. And the recorded calls are immediately available online for sharing, editing, transcribing, etc.

We don't charge for storage, btw. The charge is because of the unavoidable per minute costs to the phone companies for access to POTS. We'd love to make it free.

I get where you're coming from, I really do. But you'd sell A LOT more apps by developing a beep free, automatic phone recording app that stores the calls locally.

For one, it's not a good idea (legally speaking) to have all of your phone calls automatically stored on someone else's server. Backup tapes could be subject to subpoena. Storing the phone calls on the phone provides the user much more flexibility.

Again, do what you want to do. I'm just telling you that the consumer wants the EXACT same function that was available two to three years ago on virtually every smartphone made (iphone excluded).

TedMurphy

Reaction score
That is a very helpful rejoinder, much appreciated.

I get where you're coming from, I really do. But you'd sell A LOT more apps by developing a beep free, automatic phone recording app that stores the calls locally.

For one, it's not a good idea (legally speaking) to have all of your phone calls automatically stored on someone else's server. Backup tapes could be subject to subpoena. Storing the phone calls on the phone provides the user much more flexibility.

Again, do what you want to do. I'm just telling you that the consumer wants the EXACT same function that was available two to three years ago on virtually every smartphone made (iphone excluded).

RageBot

Reaction score
One last thought on this. I'm sure some of the reluctance that developers have centers around the fact that the laws do differ on recording phone calls.

How much trouble would it be to have the software account for the legal differences? For example, have the application query the assigned phone number (or even utilize gps information) to determine whether single party recording is legal for that call.

romemu

Reaction score
CallTrunk Review ?

No personal offense Ted, but i tried the calltrunk service and i thought it was a pain in the butt to use. not to mention wasnt impressed by the quality. aftergoogling calltrunk a few times i didnt see much of a review but if i were to write one, id had to give it a two thumbs down. u guys have a lot to work on.

on the other hand, the apps are also a pain to use

TedMurphy

Reaction score
Hmm, well if you found the native app to be a pain, you can always go to the mobile website at: http://m.calltrunk.com. Even easier way to make a recorded call. Works off of any browser (iphone, windows, treo, etc).

tennvol

Reaction score
Google voice records calls.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

angelmoocher

Reaction score
Google Voice only records inbound calls to your Google Voice number... not very useful if you don't happen to have one.