app for outlook read and reply only

yukon

Reaction score
SO i have done multiple searches for an OUTLOOK app and seem to see all these sync apps worth $40 or above and they do all the bells and wistles that a the desktops can.....
I in the other hand dont care about syncing contacts, calendars, signatures, any of these things.... Really i would only want one that i can read new emails and maybe even possibly reply.
Maybe thats being to simple, or asking for too much (eventhough its muchless then everyone else wants). So is there a such thing?

AngryHatter

Reaction score
I use MailDroid.
Or you can use K9 if you don't mind the additional step of pushing your Outlook through Gmail.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's no Outlook app. With regard to a mail app, you need to specify the type of email account that you're using. Outlook doesn't really mean anything in this context as it supports a number of different types of mail servers.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You already have such an app. It's your Gmail app. Here's a writeup I did for a battery thread, but I think it applies to your situation too:

[FONT=&quot]Emails: I don't know what email app you use, but try this. It saves battery power and in some cases emails arrive quicker. This scheme will have you using only the Gmail app on the phone for all email accounts whether they are pop3 accounts or Gmail. Go to the Google Gmail inbox on your computer and log into the Gmail account. On the top right of the screen is an option called Settings. In there is an option to have the Gmail program poll your regular, non-Gmail accounts (From the inbox; Settings/Accounts & Import/ Check mail using POP3). Provide the email address and the password. The Google Gmail program will then poll your other accounts on a frequency from 1-5 minutes and push the email immediately to your phone. The polling frequency is determined by each account's activity - more emails = faster polling. This saves battery power because on the android OS pop3 accounts are polled at a frequency of 1-30 minutes and that really eats battery. Because the phone goes and checks those accounts for mail whether there is mail there or not.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]