[APP] BootUnlocker For Nexus Devices

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OU5jcVTj-q_9nYtaB9l4rChuQZgZJO_EGax7tj5o4WJmVEvS9a6GbGv3PG4rR0cYnQ=w300

I am not sure how in the world I have missed this app. Maybe it is because i never really needed it since I am pretty comfortable with ADB. If you are not comfortable with ADB and if you just don't have the time that it takes to download and use a toolkit to unlock the bootloader of your Nexus device the "BootUnlocker" app which was released way back in December makes unlocking your Nexus device's bootloader automatic! You do need to be rooted to use this app.

V56KTNjgN1bKP-Mq1q4r9jAX6Qdc19cNrTRk2c8R9dY-YnT_cowIO6kJUMuBQvh0I-w=h310
lfJ6iKPXWVh6_CijtvrzXCE_WYCVIlHP3BQbfBdbXplFnhVu9Ga468jbLTjSVcahxtg=h310

Once your Nexus is rooted you can simply download this app and press the unlock button. The app will then go through the process of unlocking your bootloader without the need for you to connect the device to a PC and run the proper ADB commands. You can also quickly and easily re lock your device with this app. This also retains your data which is a huge plus since traditional unlocking will wipe your data. You can grab this app for free from the Play Link below.

via Play Store

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not to be a hater but I do not know how I feel about apps like that. In fact I side with google and OEMS and being sort of against them. Don't get me wrong I am not saying people need to be able to code and develop to unlock and root. But you should be able to use adb to type "fastboot OEM unlock". First off if something happens and you use an app to unlock your phone then you are up a creek. And if you play with your phone long enough something will happen even with a nexus and you need to have adb set up in order to flash factory images.

The other reason I am not feeling an app unlocking my bootloader is my concern of people using apps like that to unlock and put their phones in a vulnerable situation without fully grasping the concept.

Sorry I know it seems like I am bashing your thread that is not my intention I just cringe every time I see an app like that because it is a matter of time before someone who used it brick their phone and now they in full panic mode while you are trying to teach them how to set up and use adb.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2