Anyway to make the lock screen completely transparent?

tu3218

Reaction score
I picked my phone up the other day an I looked at my lock screen and the rectangle that is normally around the time, sms, phone was gone. And I don't know how or why it happened or if it was just a slip up. I know the rectangle is transparent but you can still see it grayed out. Anyone know anything about this? It would be nice to see my wallpapers fully.

nsteger123

Reaction score
I would also like to know, and I found that if you put the phone to sleep, and wake it up while the keyboard is slide open, you get a landscape lockscreen, that actually works.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah followed by horrid lag of the launcher

sent from a rogue droid

jimbo42o

Reaction score
Go into the framework.apk > res > drawable-hdpi-v4 and change the png file to a transparent one and reflash the rom DO NOT wipe. the file you are looking for is called sliding_panel_bg.png replace that with the attached file (trust me it's there, and i have already remaned it for you)

Now as far as changing when the phone is charging or low battery those would be sliding_panel_bg_battery_charging.png and sliding_panel_bg_battery_low.png of course you would need to rename the transparent file accordingly

When you press the box and you get the blue glow (or green (charging) or red (low battery)) those are sliding_panel_bg_pressed.png, sliding_panel_bg_battery_charging_pressed.png and sliding_panel_bg_battery_low_pressed.png
which of course would also need to be renamed if you wanted the complete transparent effect

Last edited:

whiskeycoke

Reaction score
Attaching a transparent image. That's a good one...

Right click on the left side of the 'Attached Images' box where you would normally see an image and click 'Save image as.'

Don't know why that strikes me as being funny. I posted a transparent image of a really hot chick. Trust me, it's there.

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
Ahh jimbo thanks! Not sure if I'm good with getting deep into it like that though lol I'm really tempted. Just reflashing the rom, I'm not going to delete anything on my phone right? As it will be the way it is right now even if I flash it again.

Last edited:

jimbo42o

Reaction score
Ahh jimbo thanks! Not sure if I'm good with getting deep into it like that though lol I'm really tempted. Just reflashing the rom, I'm not going to delete anything on my phone right? As it will be the way it is right now even if I flash it again.

If u don't feel good bout doin it I can pm u my email n u can send me the zip of the rom and I can do it....right...change those files and reflash w/ no wipe u won't lose n e thing

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score

If u don't feel good bout doin it I can pm u my email n u can send me the zip of the rom and I can do it....right...change those files and reflash w/ no wipe u won't lose n e thing

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Yeah I'd appreciate it. thanks.

jimbo42o

Reaction score
M1 is it cool if i post a zip of the rom and only change those few files

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised

Not the whole rom but you can post a zip of the effected apks. There is an update.zip example you can use or you can use one of the addon or theme zips I have in my section as a base. Take the one that says "back to stock" and remove the mms.apk out of system/app and the servies.jar out of system/framework, drop the new framework and rezip.

Sent from my Droid

jimbo42o

Reaction score

Not the whole rom but you can post a zip of the effected apks. There is an update.zip example you can use or you can use one of the addon or theme zips I have in my section as a base. Take the one that says "back to stock" and remove the mms.apk out of system/app and the servies.jar out of system/framework, drop the new framework and rezip.

Sent from my Droid

sadly this is where my mod know how stops. so just add my mod'd framework and dont mess with anything else in the zip....i have the d1 miui mod example zip

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
sadly this is where my mod know how stops. so just add my mod'd framework and dont mess with anything else in the zip....i have the d1 miui mod example zip

Take the one that says "back to stock" and remove the mms.apk out of system/app and the servies.jar out of system/framework, drop the new framework and rezip.

EDIT: use the zip I have in the op of my FRG83 2.2.1 rom thread that says back to stock. Don't use the example zip.

Sent from my Droid