Anything out there similar to ScanR?

Oliver84

Reaction score
I've been looking for a way to scan receipts and order slips from work so I can have a searchable digital copy of it. ScanR seems to fit the bill. It scans, optimizes the image, converts to pdf and you can search the text on their website or email/fax it. It all sounds great but comes at a hefty $29/yr. $30 for an android program is high enough, but to have to pay that every year? That's just crazy.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of anything similar to this. I have not been able to find anything but scan2pdf which has horrible reviews and I was not able to get it to work properly(slow to email and quality is horrible).

To you developers out there, I heard that abbyy just came out with android support releasing their SDK. Which I think is an OCR engine for the android. So I don't know if this means we will start seeing more OCR apps in the market soon and that I should wait or would ScanR be my only choice?

Last edited:

Technoman

Reaction score
I've been looking for a way to scan receipts and order slips from work so I can have a searchable digital copy of it. ScanR seems to fit the bill. It scans, optimizes the image, converts to pdf and you can search the text on their website or email/fax it. It all sounds great but comes at a hefty $29/yr. $30 for an android program is high enough, but to have to pay that every year? That's just crazy.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of anything similar to this. I have not been able to find anything but scan2pdf which has horrible reviews and I was not able to get it to work properly(slow to email and quality is horrible).

To you developers out there, I heard that abbyy just came out with android support releasing their SDK. Which I think is an OCR engine for the android. So I don't know if this means we will start seeing more OCR apps in the market soon and that I should wait or would ScanR be my only choice?

Scan2PDF seems to work fine for me. I don't think you can search the text on the resulting PDF for a keyword, but it works fine to create the PDF IMO.