Anything from Motorola since 2.3.4 OTA? This SUCKS

devedsmith

Reaction score
Awhile back there was a lot of hoopla and participation from Motorola about fixing problems with the DX2 and we got a rather quick update to 2.3.4 OTA. Ever since this update I have a whole slew of new problems (in addition to the old ones). The two worst problems are 1) that the phone constantly restarts (6 or more times in a day) and 2) every time I use the camera the phone restarts or locks and I have to pull the battery.

I have not heard from Motorola since about August of last year and there were some great feedback channels that I was participating in. But since then, nothing.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think that since the DX is receiving an update, the DX2 should get an update. Idk for sure.
This is how Bionic owners felt though. Some still do.
I think that if your phone is doing these things, you should call and get a replacement. I have a DX2 on my account and it has none of these issues.

In fact when I went from the x2 to the bionic, I wanted my x2 back from my son lol.
Hope this helps??

sent from my RAZR MAXX

OP
D

devedsmith

Reaction score
This is my third DX2 with the same problems. Asurion will not send me another nor will they send me an alternate device. Verizon will not even talk to me about a replacement unless I buy a new phone. I certainly will not be buying a Motorola device that's for sure.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This is my third DX2 with the same problems. Asurion will not send me another nor will they send me an alternate device. Verizon will not even talk to me about a replacement unless I buy a new phone. I certainly will not be buying a Motorola device that's for sure.

That's unfortunate. At times like that I would flex my muscle and throw my weight around. How long have you had the phone? I've never had to deal with the insurance.... if my device messed up Verizon has always sent me out a replacement.

Sorry for your experience.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
I had similar problems with my D2G... however, I have an answer... it's called Cyanogen Mod 7. It rocks!

Droid X2 CM7

DroidX2FreAk

Reaction score

What?!?!?!? Man if i were you i would cancel my contract. The phone is not even 1 year old for crying out loud and thats the customer service you get. Hahaha had that been me they would have heard my mouth(and im a reasonable person)

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
D

devedsmith

Reaction score
I finally decided to root and put Liberty on it. ALL of the problems have been fixed by ditching Motorola. I swear I will NEVER buy another Motorola product ever again.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
update 2.3.5/ 1.3.418
should be coming out anyday
just was posted on droidlife sat
soak test was announced beginning of march for both droid 2x & droid X2
droid 2 started getting update pushed friday
edit: same warning as droid x, D2G, R2D2, D2, and droid pro
this will break root and likely block SBF

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
update 2.3.5/ 1.3.418

The soak in march never happened as far as I can tell. Anyone else know if it did or not?

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

Trip3601211

Reaction score
The soak in march never happened as far as I can tell. Anyone else know if it did or not?

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

Not one person has recieved that SOAK yet. I honestly think that they caught wind of the X2 owners knowing of what this latest uodate will bring. I'll bet they're trying to edit it up and make it look like we're not recieving that "google security patch" so people will download it. I feel bad for that first person though...and I know it won't be me! lol.

Sent from My Rooted DROID X2/MB870 Running CM7

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
update 2.3.5/ 1.3.418
I misread this, but the other moto phones, have got their updates
and a month or so after, announced/soak test was to start

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
I think both the Droid X2 and the Droid 3 are in the same boat. I know the D3 has at least had an update ready and approved for about 2 months now, but it's yet to be pushed for one reason or another.