anyone using fission 2.6?

mreyn3693

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I thought fission 2.6 was released for some droid devices a few days ago. I have a d2g so I am still waiting, but I was looking for info on the new ROM but haven't seen any threads concerning the matter?

So... anybody running 2.6 on their device and care to share their likes/dislikes?

trook

Reaction score
I ran 2.6.1 for a few....didn't notice a difference. The light sensor issue is gone, still fast, still stable, still the same old fission.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

louy99

Reaction score
Installed 2.6 last night...no problems here. My camera changed to a different one but I don't see any changes

Droid2 Fisson 2.5.7

Inelastic

Reaction score
It was released on the full version of FRM for the Droid 2. I believe it will be released on the lite version later on once some final "kinks" are taken care of. I tried it myself and I noticed that the cardock app wasn't working.

miketoasty

Reaction score
I used it but went back to liberty which I would have done anyways but the fact that there is really nothing new made the switch easier. I love fission but it is really being left in the dust by these other mind blowing ROMs that have been released recently.

But I really do believe that TeamDefuse is going to blow us away one of these days with a surprise release of something truly special.

louy99

Reaction score
When I am using my keyboard and close it when im done and hit the home key, it take a good 8 to 10 seconds for my home screen to load up. This has only started since loading 2.6.1....anyone having this issue?

Droid2 Fisson 2.6.1

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I can't get Fission out of the Quadrant 1300 range anymore.

miketoasty

Reaction score

Neither can I but it still feels so much better than stock. Can't really argue a number that means little to nothing at all.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Neither can I but it still feels so much better than stock. Can't really argue a number that means little to nothing at all.

I've noticed a huge difference in the loading speed between Fission and Liberty for Google Voice.

holmes6

Reaction score

I've noticed a huge difference in the loading speed between Fission and Liberty for Google Voice.

what clock are you at? I have been using 1.3ghz @64v from FRM and just got 1588 in quadrant on 2.6.1 & google voice loads with no noticeable lag. Score has been in this same ballpark since I can remember and I've been using fission since 2.2ish

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

what clock are you at? I have been using 1.3ghz @64v from FRM and just got 1588 in quadrant on 2.6.1 & google voice loads with no noticeable lag. Score has been in this same ballpark since I can remember and I've been using fission since 2.2ish

That's actually terrible. This is Liberty, no OC, no stage_fright.

sGWRc.jpg

I rang up a 1589 the score before this screenshot.

holmes6

Reaction score

heh, 1 point higher ftw!

besides benchmark scores are you liking liberty? much better than fission? if so, why?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

heh, 1 point higher ftw!

besides benchmark scores are you liking liberty? much better than fission? if so, why?

It was one point higher at stock speed and voltage, than your OC'd Fission. Like I said, I use Google Voice more than anything else, and it was terribly laggy on Fission. I don't have that problem on Liberty.

holmes6

Reaction score
It was one point higher at stock speed and voltage, than your OC'd Fission. Like I said, I use Google Voice more than anything else, and it was terribly laggy on Fission. I don't have that problem on Liberty.

Yeah I understood what you were saying about your claimed benchmark score.

I use Google Voice too and it doesn't lag at all in fission for me. Maybe you incorrectly diagnosed the problem. Sorry for asking about Liberty, you seemed to be a big proponent so I was curious as to why you liked it.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Yeah I understood what you were saying about your claimed benchmark score.

I use Google Voice too and it doesn't lag at all in fission for me. Maybe you incorrectly diagnosed the problem. Sorry for asking about Liberty, you seemed to be a big proponent so I was curious as to why you liked it.

My "claimed" benchmark, huh? I was a huge Fission fan, until I realized the benchmark was no higher than stock, and I was only having a GV lag with Fission. I've used Liberty, Cobalt, and Fission.