1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

anyone using fission 2.6?

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Roms' started by mreyn3693, Jan 27, 2011.

1. mreyn3693

mreyn3693 New Member

Hey everybody,

I thought fission 2.6 was released for some droid devices a few days ago. I have a d2g so I am still waiting, but I was looking for info on the new ROM but haven't seen any threads concerning the matter?

So... anybody running 2.6 on their device and care to share their likes/dislikes?
  2. trook

trook New Member

I ran 2.6.1 for a few....didn't notice a difference. The light sensor issue is gone, still fast, still stable, still the same old fission.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  3. louy99

louy99 New Member

Installed 2.6 last night...no problems here. My camera changed to a different one but I don't see any changes

Droid2 Fisson 2.5.7
  4. Inelastic

Inelastic New Member

It was released on the full version of FRM for the Droid 2. I believe it will be released on the lite version later on once some final "kinks" are taken care of. I tried it myself and I noticed that the cardock app wasn't working.
  5. miketoasty

miketoasty New Member

I used it but went back to liberty which I would have done anyways but the fact that there is really nothing new made the switch easier. I love fission but it is really being left in the dust by these other mind blowing ROMs that have been released recently.

But I really do believe that TeamDefuse is going to blow us away one of these days with a surprise release of something truly special.
  6. louy99

louy99 New Member

When I am using my keyboard and close it when im done and hit the home key, it take a good 8 to 10 seconds for my home screen to load up. This has only started since loading 2.6.1....anyone having this issue?

Droid2 Fisson 2.6.1
  7. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Premium Member Premium Member

I can't get Fission out of the Quadrant 1300 range anymore.

8. miketoasty

miketoasty New Member

Neither can I but it still feels so much better than stock. Can't really argue a number that means little to nothing at all.

9. UrbanBounca

I've noticed a huge difference in the loading speed between Fission and Liberty for Google Voice.

10. holmes6

holmes6 New Member

what clock are you at? I have been using 1.3ghz @64v from FRM and just got 1588 in quadrant on 2.6.1 & google voice loads with no noticeable lag. Score has been in this same ballpark since I can remember and I've been using fission since 2.2ish
  11. UrbanBounca

That's actually terrible. This is Liberty, no OC, no stage_fright.

[​IMG]

I rang up a 1589 the score before this screenshot.

12. holmes6

holmes6 New Member

heh, 1 point higher ftw!

besides benchmark scores are you liking liberty? much better than fission? if so, why?
  13. UrbanBounca

It was one point higher at stock speed and voltage, than your OC'd Fission. Like I said, I use Google Voice more than anything else, and it was terribly laggy on Fission. I don't have that problem on Liberty.

14. holmes6

holmes6 New Member

Yeah I understood what you were saying about your claimed benchmark score.

I use Google Voice too and it doesn't lag at all in fission for me. Maybe you incorrectly diagnosed the problem. Sorry for asking about Liberty, you seemed to be a big proponent so I was curious as to why you liked it.
  15. UrbanBounca

My "claimed" benchmark, huh? I was a huge Fission fan, until I realized the benchmark was no higher than stock, and I was only having a GV lag with Fission. I've used Liberty, Cobalt, and Fission.

16. trook

trook New Member

I too was and still am a huge fission fan....But Liberty blows fission out of the water in so many ways.
  17. louy99

louy99 New Member

What ways? I loaded liberty, played with it for 2 days but went back to my first love (fission).

Droid2 Fisson 2.5.7
  18. UrbanBounca

Speed, pure speed. Fission is great for someone simply wanting to get rid of Blur. Fission is very clean, but for some reason, it's not nearly as fast as Liberty.

Liberty also has the Liberty Tool Box, which allows you to customize almost every aspect of your phone.

You can ask anyone here, I used to come back to Fission every single time. In fact, I tried Liberty the other day, and within the same day, I went back to Fission. It's just clean. But, I noticed something this time in that while on Fission, my Google Voice lagged terribly bad. But, it didn't at all on Liberty. I ran a Quadrant score of around 1300, which is technically the same as being stock. Like I said, Fission isn't any faster than stock, but it does get rid of Blur and save your battery.

I've now customized Liberty, and it's just amazing. I missed so many features the first time around.
  19. trook

trook New Member

I agree with urbanbounca. Speed, fission is a very fast, clean, well built rom, the charging light works, the music animations, its great. But liberty is faster, has better transitions, everything seems to just work faster and better, not by a huge margin, I would and still do go back to fission sometimes, but with liberty the customizations are amazing, liberty offers more flat out. I can flash any theme I choose (and let's face it, fissions kind of lacking in the theme department), change fonts quickly within the theme I choose, plus a lot more all without having to pay for the rom manager. Which I did of course but still ya know?
    And I'm not a proponent for liberty, I'm running rubiX focused right now and I prefer it to liberty even. I'm not trying to change your mind, some roms work better on some phones, fission just happens to work better on yours, liberty just happens to work better on urbanbouncas, and rubiX just happens to work better on mine.
  20. devinhfox

devinhfox New Member

Fission auto brightness doesn't work. Stays at max brightness. Lame.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page

fission 2.6