anyone using fission 2.6?

trook

Reaction score
I too was and still am a huge fission fan....But Liberty blows fission out of the water in so many ways.

louy99

Reaction score
I too was and still am a huge fission fan....But Liberty blows fission out of the water in so many ways.
What ways? I loaded liberty, played with it for 2 days but went back to my first love (fission).

Droid2 Fisson 2.5.7

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What ways? I loaded liberty, played with it for 2 days but went back to my first love (fission).

Droid2 Fisson 2.5.7

Speed, pure speed. Fission is great for someone simply wanting to get rid of Blur. Fission is very clean, but for some reason, it's not nearly as fast as Liberty.

Liberty also has the Liberty Tool Box, which allows you to customize almost every aspect of your phone.

You can ask anyone here, I used to come back to Fission every single time. In fact, I tried Liberty the other day, and within the same day, I went back to Fission. It's just clean. But, I noticed something this time in that while on Fission, my Google Voice lagged terribly bad. But, it didn't at all on Liberty. I ran a Quadrant score of around 1300, which is technically the same as being stock. Like I said, Fission isn't any faster than stock, but it does get rid of Blur and save your battery.

I've now customized Liberty, and it's just amazing. I missed so many features the first time around.

trook

Reaction score
I agree with urbanbounca. Speed, fission is a very fast, clean, well built rom, the charging light works, the music animations, its great. But liberty is faster, has better transitions, everything seems to just work faster and better, not by a huge margin, I would and still do go back to fission sometimes, but with liberty the customizations are amazing, liberty offers more flat out. I can flash any theme I choose (and let's face it, fissions kind of lacking in the theme department), change fonts quickly within the theme I choose, plus a lot more all without having to pay for the rom manager. Which I did of course but still ya know?
And I'm not a proponent for liberty, I'm running rubiX focused right now and I prefer it to liberty even. I'm not trying to change your mind, some roms work better on some phones, fission just happens to work better on yours, liberty just happens to work better on urbanbouncas, and rubiX just happens to work better on mine.
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

devinhfox

Reaction score
Fission auto brightness doesn't work. Stays at max brightness. Lame.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

holmes6

Reaction score
checking out liberty 1.5, seems good so far, seems responsive/fast
same stuff installed on my d2 and quadrant score is 1335 in liberty with stock clock
I think anyone switching roms to liberty from fission expecting a bump in quadrant score will be disappointed. IMO it doesn't matter though, performance seems good in both roms.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
checking out liberty 1.5, seems good so far, seems responsive/fast
same stuff installed on my d2 and quadrant score is 1335 in liberty with stock clock
I think anyone switching roms to liberty from fission expecting a bump in quadrant score will be disappointed. IMO it doesn't matter though, performance seems good in both roms.

If you run Quadrant more than once, it will get higher as the OS "settles." I was getting in the 1300's with Liberty, but one the third, fourth, and fifth tries, I was ringing in the 1400-1500 range.

holmes6

Reaction score
Went back to fission since liberty 1.5 was rebooting on me alot. Makes me appreciate how reliable fission has been.

I tested quadrant a ton of times.. Results are similar with both roms. Not sure why others have so much difference.

jacko1

Reaction score
try rubix no reboots scores was almost 1700 ulv1.2 no lag
or try lexington 2.8 both are great stable roms

trook

Reaction score
Back on fission, my first love... I forgot how nice this rom is.

holmes6

Reaction score
Back on fission, my first love... I forgot how nice this rom is.

same.. the 48 hour reboot was it for me with this Liberty release. I don't have time to deal with it.

I don't really enjoy switching ROMs too much either. Even though most stuff restores OK it's a PITA. In my experience cwm is useless and I need to SBF every time. When using cwm/nandroid to restore fission after trying liberty my reboot issue remained, as did the liberty boot logo. After SBF all was happy again in fission-land.

trook

Reaction score
Ya, my liberty boot logo is still there, I can get rid of it without sbf I just haven't. What's up with your clockwork? That's not normal. Im flash happy so I use my backup and super manager to restore apps but then of course I have to wait an hour while they all update. Fission hasn't rebooted once, on liberty, apex, and squidly I was getting random reboots as well as usb reboots. I wonder if there's something else going on with my phone?

holmes6

Reaction score
I'm about a week out of SBF and fission install and running smoothly still. Seems that the phone hardware is not an issue.

Without knowing exactly what parts of the system are not backed/restored during nandroid backup, it's just guesses for me as to why SBF was effective but nandroid seemingly not. I'm just going on behavior, and not log files or other reliable evidence, so doubtful about reaching any confident conclusion.

On an unrelated note, Installed [URL="http://www.droidforums.net/forum/chevyno1/124473-ss-gb-5-00-ready-2-11-11-a.html"]SS rom for my buddy's og droid the other night and much better 1st impression vs d2 roms I've used. It's available on the DX, wonder if it will make it to D2?
[/URL]

trook

Reaction score
if its availible on the dx just flash it and then flash this file.:icon_ banana: This will install all files to basically auto port a dx rom to our d2's.I flash dx roms all the time.

holmes6

Reaction score
if its availible on the dx just flash it and then flash this file.:icon_ banana: This will install all files to basically auto port a dx rom to our d2's.I flash dx roms all the time.
cool, thanks!

I flashed SSX 1.1 and generally it seems to have worked, but I can't get into ChevyNo1 toolbox. It returns I must be on an SS Rom.. Didn't check it out in detail but besides that issue this seemed to work well.