Anyone seeing the .604 OTA update yet?

bucsng8trs

Reaction score
5 minutes after I unplug from a full charge, I am down to 90%, not even playing with any apps. Is the battery this bad or is this an issue with the phone? I have seen a few others mention a 'battery bug'. I just completed the update an hour ago and no change. In fact, the app menu is very sluggish when I scroll. Please help!! Thanks,

Warner

Reaction score
5 minutes after I unplug from a full charge, I am down to 90%, not even playing with any apps. Is the battery this bad or is this an issue with the phone? I have seen a few others mention a 'battery bug'. I just completed the update an hour ago and no change. In fact, the app menu is very sluggish when I scroll. Please help!! Thanks,

I don't know...I've been messing with my phone for about 4 hours this morning....downloaded and isntalled the update, reading email, launching apps, etc. I don't see the battery being down much at all. But WHERE are you guys checking to get your battery percentage???

Warner

bucsng8trs

Reaction score
I downloaded the battery app from the android market that shows the percentage.

nick96ss

Reaction score
no update for me here in new york . how do i manually check for the update ?

Grifter

Reaction score
Post update - when you try to access the MyVerizon App, you're redirected to the Market Place to upgrade to version 5.0.

I was redirected before the .604 update to go to the Market and update My Verizon when I would try to access it, however the update always failed.

Since the update to .604, I am now able to download the update for My Verizon successfully.

yoitsmebenny

Reaction score
Just manually installed it. Battery % went from 60% before update to 80% after. We'll see if it makes any noticeable difference in actual lifetime.

Also, took wayyyyy longer to restart than usual. Sat on the "Droid eye" screen for a solid 2-3 minutes.

Immolate

Reaction score
Software Update: DROID X by Motorola

edit: oh an make sure you let your battery drain completely if you continue to have unusual power behavior. You need to show your battery where the bottom is so it understands correctly where it is now. You should do this soon if you haven't done in already (in the next day or two) and then once a month thereafter. Not too often though, as that will hasten your battery's demise.

Last edited:

Grifter

Reaction score
Software Update: DROID X by Motorola

edit: oh an make sure you let your battery drain completely if you continue to have unusual power behavior. You need to show your battery where the bottom is so it understands correctly where it is now. You should do this soon if you haven't done in already (in the next day or two) and then once a month thereafter. Not too often though, as that will hasten your battery's demise.

Thanks for the info Immolate! dancedroid

lukema25

Reaction score
After update in reboot loop

After I ran the update, my phone is now in a constant reboot loop as soon as the system loads. I tried going into safe mode but get the same thing. Just an FYI... Should have known better

bucsng8trs

Reaction score
battery widget by geekyouup. someone mentioned that it shows percentage in ones (94%,93%) but mine only goes in tens (90%, 80%), any help or advice on this app? Hope it's not draining the battery - how would I know?