Is anyone else having WIFI problems??

wolfeman33

Reaction score
I signed my Droid x to my home network and to a friends network , I'm not getting only 2 bars. it seems to work slower than the 3G network and I'm less than 2 feet from either router!Oh ya both routers go through n and acording to droid x spec. it should work with g/b/n .I'm hoping the .604 update or the fryo will fix this problem. Has anyone have the same? and is there a update comming soon or can I fix this thru. system resorces( not rooted)scared to try yet.

Philba

Reaction score
I heard some one say the 604 update resolves some of the wifi problems. I have no idea if it will fix your problem. I upgraded yesterday and have hooked up to 5 different routers just fine, for what it's worth (which isn't much, lol).

OP
W

wolfeman33

Reaction score
Not sure how to find the wifi threads went thru th first 15 or so be fore starting this thread,I agree on the second part of your post.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah those two seem to have the most info in them, and I concur with Philba some are saying update fixed some issues. Been going back and forth all day on the general and tech forums just reading how the X is coming since I took mine back.

OP
W

wolfeman33

Reaction score
Thanks Philba but for what ever reason my .604 has not been uploaded tome? sounds good to me through. Did you have problems before .604..

erniel29

Reaction score
WiFI problems

The main issues is with 802.11n routers. It seems to work fine with 802.11g. .604 update DOES NOT resolve the issue. Bottom line is that this phone's WIFI does not work with 802.11n period, and Motorola refuses to even acknowledge the problem.

Philba

Reaction score
no, I didn't have problems before the update and 2 of the routers are N (Airlink101 cheapo routers).

By the way, you might want to get wifi analyzer. It will show you what ssids are on what channels. If yours is in conflict with another, you could move it to clearer channels.

I was at microsoft yesterday and wifi analyzer showed something like 30 different ssids all stepping on each other. what a mess.

KompressorV12

Reaction score
All okay here. I have a linksys 802.11n router running mixed mode. I have the just released update but didn't see any problems before. Do you have the just releasedn droid x OTA update? Maybe try resetting to factory settings on your router and definitely reset it.

erniel29

Reaction score
Try running N mode only, and see what happens. I'm not very familiar with your router, and what "Mixed Mode" actually implies. When you say everything is ok, have you done a speed test? What kind of bandwidth are you seeing. You can download a free app called speedtest which will allow you to test your actual bandwidth over WIFI and 3G. Run the speedtest with WIFI turned off, then turn WIFI on, and run it again. Please post your results. With n only g only and mixed mode.

My results have been on average

3G 1.2MB down, and 900k up
802.11g 8MB down 2-4MB up.

802.11n anywhere between 0MB down (test failed) to 1.2MB up but connection goes up and down about 5 times during test, and 0 up (test failed) to about 400k up. Its very erratic, sometimes the test wont even start. On the occasion where the test actually runs to completion, the needle indicator is very jerky, indicating that the conncetion is dropping, whereas when running tests in G mode, the needle is very smooth in both directions.

KompressorV12

Reaction score
I'll let you know when I get home... But I moved from the droid and I work in IT so I notice stuff like this and I can tell you i've seen no difference in wifi connectivity speeds or holding a connection since i've had my X

zoulkyud

Reaction score
What settings are you using? Is the key set for auto or WPA/WPA2. I tested this on mine and only had the issue when the security was set for auto instead of WPA. Let me know if this helps at all.

OP
W

wolfeman33

Reaction score
Not sure what setting or where I can find them on the droid x?? But I do get a strong Signial and my droid x says I'm connected but I'm unable to serf. or use apps that would use the wifi! it just keeps coming up this page must be down for repairs or upgrades, I refuse to believe the whole web is out. HA HA! So i called a Verizon Rep. and they said they are aware of the problem and was unable to give me a date of an update patch to fix the wifi problem will be pushed OTA. so keep trying and I'll keep checkig back to see if anyone has stumbled on a fix!

Maiqui18

Reaction score
Not sure what setting or where I can find them on the droid x?? But I do get a strong Signial and my droid x says I'm connected but I'm unable to serf. or use apps that would use the wifi! it just keeps coming up this page must be down for repairs or upgrades, I refuse to believe the whole web is out. HA HA! So i called a Verizon Rep. and they said they are aware of the problem and was unable to give me a date of an update patch to fix the wifi problem will be pushed OTA. so keep trying and I'll keep checkig back to see if anyone has stumbled on a fix!

I have the same issue...at work I get a strong signal, but the browser and apps seem not to be able to access the connection. Frustrating! At least you are the first person I hear that either Motorola and/or Verizion have acknowledged the problem. That's at least some good news.

kiter86

Reaction score
D-LINK 655 router set to "g only" completely fixed any issues i had with wifi. That is a good enough solution for me until a fix is sent out. still want to transfer at n speeds though, but ok for now.