Anyone knows if Etymotic HF3 works with DX?

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
More or less.

I assume they work the same as Apple's three button headset, which I have. The sound comes through clearly, but the buttons do not control the stock Music app as expected. The middle button does nothing. The + and - buttons pause/play the music. That's it.

It does seem to make a better antenna for the FM radio than my other headphones, but that is probably just a matter of the cord length being a better match for the FM band.

OP
W

Watchman323

Reaction score
another question, how is the mic sound on the other end? Is the location of the mic too short or just right? Would I need to clip the mic to my shirt for the sound to be loud on the end?

Thank you

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
mic does not appear to work

Ok, had not thought to test that, so I grabbed them again and, the microphone does not appear to work, at least not with Evernote and Swiftkey voice entry mode, the only two apps I tested. That, of course, makes my next point moot.

Any three button headset built for the iPhone would pretty much have to work on the same principles as the original iPhone three button set, but it does not follow that the microphone would have to be located at the same place, or the cords be the same length, or the buttons have the same layout, etc. So, I have not idea where the microphone will be, or whether you'd need to clip it to your shirt. The Apple headset I have hangs about mid chin on me, just a tad below mouth level.