Anyone know what these bits are?

AlanN

Reaction score
In the attached pic, battery cover removed, battery removed.

To the left of the SIM/Memory card metal cover, the small red circle? Some sort of reset button?
To the right of the same, another circular feature, almost looks like an external aerial connector (maybe GPS)?

gallery

Attachments

• IMG_0026.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 364

pie123

Reaction score
The red circle is the water sensor, i don't know what the one on the right is though.

theXeffect

Reaction score
The red circle is the water sensor, i don't know what the one on the right is though.

its just stickers.....cuz if u ever tried opening it n return it they will know that u open ur phone or if its a water sensor they can tell that you got ur phone wet....

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes the left is the water sensor. I believe the right is for an external GPS antenna (my old AT&T Tilt had something that looked exactly the same, though it also had a small removable cover over it to access it). Not sure why they would put it there w/o access, unless they are/were planning to to offer another batty cover.

greg_p

Reaction score
This is the 2g/3g antenna port, to connect an external one, I think. This is for debug purpose, I think.
Actually we can connect 2g/3g protocol provider or analyser in lab, this is to avoid lab people exposition to radiation, and also inject test pattern directly to the modem.

Big Cam

Reaction score
Your red dot should be whit with pink X's on it.

What i want to know is what is that big red card type thing to the right of your SD card, my droid doesn't have that.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Your red dot should be whit with pink X's on it.

What i want to know is what is that big red card type thing to the right of your SD card, my droid doesn't have that.

That Droid is a Milestone, the European counterpart. The SIM card is issued by the phone service provider. It can [usually] store/backupcontact information, and is how the phone is identified by the network.

In the United States, T-mobile and Att&t use SIM cards [I'm sure someone else will add what the type of service these use is called...GSM, I think?]. Whereas, Verizon and Sprint don't [CDMA].

The nice thing about a SIM card? When you buy a new phone, all you do is take the SIM from the old one and put it in the new one. WE have to either take it to a store, call customer service, or input info on the website to do so.

The not-so-nice thing? In my experience, these are the phones that cause that "interference" noise on other electronic devices when sending/receiving info [TV, stereo, even an alarm clock...anything with speakers really...] I actually found this handy sometimes though. When I was at band practice, I could set my phone on/near my amp, and have a MUCH better chance at realizing someone was calling. :)