anyone know if you can get the razr hd circle widget on bionic

RETUSAFNCO

Reaction score
There's something similar called digital rings on Google play.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Several people had pulled the circles widget apk off of the phone and started sharing it. Motorola asked them all to stop since the widget is intellectual property of theirs and proprietary to their phones. However like the other poster said there are very similar apps out there to reproduce almost the exactly same experience. Good luck finding the one you want!

OP
E

edon82

Reaction score
Thank you both for the responses... I got the apks for the widget and the RAZR m launcher....the time and battery work great but the weather one won't it just says "weather app not installed" I have the weather apk but it won't install. Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong?

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
Thank you both for the responses... I got the apks for the widget and the RAZR m launcher....the time and battery work great but the weather one won't it just says "weather app not installed" I have the weather apk but it won't install. Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong?

Did you try digital rings? It looks the same as the other and works great for me!

OP
E

edon82

Reaction score
I did...I just like the way motos work. It is very similar but just different enough to bug me

deduct

Reaction score
One more clock widget has a chrome ring theme that is close. But, I agree that the actual circles widget is the best. I can't believe that no one has figured out how to get circles working on 3rd party launchers yet. RAZR m launcher is cool but the lack of customization and lag I experience with it rules it out for me.

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
I did...I just like the way motos work. It is very similar but just different enough to bug me

I'm trying to understand, the circles widget works on my Bionic, clock/alarm, battery and the weather app works too. I liked the digital rings due to added customization of rings (color, transparency, etc.)

This is what I did, you may do a simpler method, but this is worked for me

1. I un zipped and put the folder in the root of SDCARD and
2. used file manager to install each apk separately
3. add widget when done.

4. Shut down and pull battery, wait 10 seconds before adding battery and
5. turn on phone and select the new com.motorola home screen... (you will see two)
6. and circle widget works, then add cities for weather app.

OP
E

edon82

Reaction score
I can get the widget to work all except for the weather...I font get it I uninstalled everything and started fresh but still the weather apk will not install just says installation failed any ideas?

deduct

Reaction score
I don't believe so. Pretty sure you need to be deodexed In order to flash it. Check out droidrzr.com. there is a deodexed stock ROM you can flash in safe strap to a slot and then flash circles.zip on top of it. Or flash it on top of blurry jb rom. That's the ROM I am running on bionic and it looks nice and runs very well.

-eclipsed RAZR maxx-

Last edited:

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I can get the widget to work all except for the weather...I font get it I uninstalled everything and started fresh but still the weather apk will not install just says installation failed any ideas?

Try uninstalling the stock weather.apk. I think that's what I had to do to get it working.