anyone know how to take it apart?

scotteh

Reaction score
Hey hows it going everyone, well I'm new here and this is my first post, I love everything about the droid but i've got some really annoying paint chips on the area surrounding the lcd screen ( and not to mention dust getting stuck in the crevices) i tried searching for a DIY on how to take apart the phone but couldnt find anything, does anyone have a comprehensive step by step tutorial on how to take one of these phones apart? I really want to repaint the area around the screen in a more durable paint.

thanks for any and all info! :icon_ banana:

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Start by voiding your warranty. At least one of the screws needed to disassemble is always under the water indicator sticker.

boatman2220

Reaction score
Buy a case to put over it. But, you got to figure that if he's ready to tear it down on his first post. Well, if it survives, by his fiftieth post it'll be rooted and he'll be checking out something new. :icon_ banana:

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
If you have a car, or driven a car with a scratch / ding or two, have you taken apart the whole car just so you can fix the cosmetic imperfection? No--of course you haven't. :)

If the phone is working just fine, leave it as-is and "drive it" until the wheels fall off. My two sense...

- Mega (owner of many cell phones, and, many scratches)