anyone know how to get the swype on ur driod

J*Bishop

Reaction score
op,

no need to make multiple threads. please use the search function.

grimloktt

Reaction score
You can get it right from the market. I just did yesterday.

interesting. i just searched the market and didn't find it. what phone are you using?

I'm sorry. My mind seems to be going. I just looked at my DROID to see what the version number of Swype was only to be reminded I'm using Shapewriter! My bad... :blush:

P.S. Shapewriter is incredible...if you've never used it, you might want to give it a try.

grimloktt

Reaction score
I just did a quick search to see what Swype is like. It appears it's the same/very similar to Shapewriter. I wonder which is better? I'll have to do a little more research...

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just did a quick search to see what Swype is like. It appears it's the same/very similar to Shapewriter. I wonder which is better? I'll have to do a little more research...

While I prefer Swype, I have Shapewriter. As you said, they are very similar. There are differences in how double letters (like in the word "letters") are done and other things.

If Swype were to stop working, I would fall back on to Shapewriter. One advantage to Shapewriter; since it's on the Market, it's easier to get updates.