Anyone know how to get Arabic font support on this phone?

bikerboy

Reaction score
I would love to find a way to read /write arabic as well, not just in texts but on web as well, any one knows anything about this please ?

OP
M

Matth3w

I can't find the article anymore but I think you just have to be rooted and it isn't a simple process like just downloading a font pack or something.

bikerboy

Reaction score
How ? i am kinda stupid :p so if you can help me finding any articles or something that would take me thro the whole thing, step by step, i'd really really really appreciat it.
Thanks

OP
M

Matth3w

If I could find the article again I wouldn't have posted this, haha. Are you rooted?

bikerboy

Reaction score
i don't know if i am rooted or not :p
how can i tell if i am rooted or not ?
i know there is a good article here about how to root your phone, is that what you are looking for ?
what do you do after you root your phone ? where can i get the font packages from ?
the font package let you read/write or just read ?
thanks

OP
M

Matth3w

Like I said already, I don't know where the font packages are. But if you don't know what root is, you need to do a LOT of searching. You're not rooted if you don't know what it is. There is a guide in my signature.

bikerboy

Reaction score
okay good, i can't do any of this at the moment as i am at work will probably do it wednsday tho :D my day off :p
so if you please ran into the font package please consider share it with me on here, thanks buddy.

OP
M

Matth3w

Sigh, I can find the font package but can't get it to install.

thatguychuck

Reaction score
I haven't gotten around to trying this myself yet, but I know "fontflasher" is in the market, I think it was around 3 bucks though. There are manual instructions here:

How to change fonts in Android? - Black God

But I'm not sure that's what you are looking for. I haven't come across anything for adding additional font support, I think these two just replace all fonts in the phone.

OP
M

Matth3w

The problem that you have there is that the article was written almost a year ago, about 7 months before the Droid came out...so I think I would run into the problems I have been having, ie - not working.

I contacted Pete to hopefully get it included in the next ROM update so we will see what he says.

thatguychuck

Reaction score
The font files are in the system/font folder. I replaced just one of them, and it turned out well. The trick would be finding all the necessary fonts to complete the set. Here is a setCPU shot.
3144d1266193570-anyone-know-how-get-arabic-font-support-phone-cap201002141822.jpg

Attachments

• CAP201002141822.jpg
    CAP201002141822.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 811
OP
M

Matth3w

Yeah I have a copy of the Arabic fonts, but it didn't do any good. I actually had to do a restore of the phone because it garbled most of my stuff.

Do me a favor and try the Arabic fonts and see if you can read ?BBC ??????? - ????? ?????

Attachments

• Dejavu_Fonts_By_Aman_Alshurafa.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 304